Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Prequals

tag
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Capital One Prequals

I was wondering how solid are Capital One prequals for cards. For some history, I wasn't planning on applying for anything new this year, but last week the transmission in my car died and it wasn't worth me fixing, so I bought a new vehicle which blew my gardening goal.

The first card I got after starting my rebuild was a secured capital one platinum as it as the only one anyone would approve me for.  I got a 400 SL on it for $249 and since then they have given me a 300CLI and it has not graduated yet.

I check the Capital One prequal page every once in a while and it normally just shows the unsecured platinum or the Quick Silver One with the 39 dollar annual fee. I decided to try it again this morning and was offered The Savor, QuickSilver, and the Savor One. The Savor One has peaked my interest as it looks like a decent card in terms of cash back and a 15 month intro offer.

I'm considering pulling the trigger on it, since the truck I purchased is going to push my AAoYA back to 1 month anyway when it reports. My reports are clean except for EQ which has a paid collection and may or may no show my BK( I've requested and EE on it and it went for a few days, but my last pull had it showing back up, so not sure if they gave me the EE or not). Because of this, I'm not sure I want to risk the 3 HP's it will probably be, but I'm also wondering is once the truck reports, then these prequals may go away.

How solid are the prequals from CapitalOne on their cards and do you think I may have a shot at this card. 

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One Prequals

Generally very solid. Especially if the APR is a single number as opposed to a range. I just got the SavorOne on a prequal. Low SL, but hopefully it will grow! Good luck!  

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 6
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

It was a set APR. I think I'm going to call EQ and make sure that BK is off and if its is, then pull the trigger on this one before I go back to the garden

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 3 of 6
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@dynamicvb wrote:

It was a set APR. I think I'm going to call EQ and make sure that BK is off and if its is, then pull the trigger on this one before I go back to the garden

Good luck! Let us know!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 6
marcforza1
Frequent Contributor

Cap1 prequals have been good when it has a solid APR % listed. Have not been denied by them or Chase from the prequals that I've had from them. 

FICO 8 Scores 12/2017: EX-596; TU-604; EQ-591
Current: EX-648; TU-665; EQ-678
AAoA: 4.4 yrs
Message 5 of 6
padme
Established Contributor

What's the worse that can happen? Btw, hit up the best card you can get, ie savor/savorone if u don't want annual fee. I used to have four ventures a while back, all prequals. They had 10k minimums.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.