cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Savor One - what does "World Elite" MC mean ?

tag
Live4Fishing
Valued Member

Capital One Savor One - what does "World Elite" MC mean ?

I recently got my Capital One Savor One MC.  I noticed on the back it has the "World Elite MC" stamp on the back of it.  

Does anyone know if there are any nice benefits this offers in addition to the Savor One card itself I already know about.   I'm wondering if it's basically the equivalent of a Visa "Signature".   This is the only MC I have in my portfolio at the moment.

AOD Visa Signature - 10K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards - 25K
Chase Sapphire Preferred - 18K
Capital One Savor One - 10K
Simmons Bank Visa Platinum - 7K
PenFed >PenFed Promise Visa - 5K
Chase Ultimate Rewards (AU) - 19K
Chase Ink Business Cash - 4K
Capital One Venture X - 30K
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
rostrow416
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Savor One - what does "World Elite" MC mean ?

There are a bunch of perks depending on whether it's regular MasterCard, MasterCard World, or MasterCard World Elite.

Here's a few of the perks from the World Elite level cards:

https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/personal/find-a-card/world-elite-mastercard-credit.html

AMEX Gold | Purdue FCU $20,000 | FNBO Evergreen $15,000 | TFCU Plat Visa $15,000 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 | PenFed Pathfinder $15,000 | Citizen's Bank Cash Back+ $15,000 | Synchrony Premier MC $10,000 | SG Visa $10,000 | NFCU MoreRewards $7,000 | NFCU cashRewards $17,000 | Discover IT $6,000 | Capital One BuyPower $950 | AMEX BCP $5,000 | AMEX Amazon Prime Business $3,000

B&H Payboo Card $15,000 | Amazon Prime Card $10,000 | PC Richard Card $15,000 | Target RedCard $2,000 | Walmart Store Card $1,400 | Shell Gas Card $1,200 | Overstock Store Card $7,000 | Kohl's Store Card $3,000

Spring Cleaning:
C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ | C̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶V̶i̶s̶a̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶2̶0̶0̶ | M̶e̶r̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶$̶2̶,̶7̶0̶0̶ | M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶̶2̶0̶0̶ | C̶o̶m̶e̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶C̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶1̶8̶0̶
Message 2 of 12
sjt
Senior Contributor

It's a higher tier of MasterCards. There are a few more benefits than the World MasterCards. Go to the benefits page of the Capital One website for more details.
American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 3 of 12
abdi12
New Contributor

MC World Elite are not the same, the benefits that are included (or excluded... like Citi) will vary depending on the FI. 

93B50C7A-DF52-4A4F-AF4A-DD9F60E7029D.jpeg

This are the benefits that Capital One includes in their MC World Elite cards (excluding Walmart). You can also check https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/benefits-guide/ to see all of their other MC and Visa benefits.

Message 4 of 12
Live4Fishing
Valued Member

@abdi12 

Okay... thanks.  This is good information.  I think I may have that info. in the Guide to Benefits that came with my Savor One card.

AOD Visa Signature - 10K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards - 25K
Chase Sapphire Preferred - 18K
Capital One Savor One - 10K
Simmons Bank Visa Platinum - 7K
PenFed >PenFed Promise Visa - 5K
Chase Ultimate Rewards (AU) - 19K
Chase Ink Business Cash - 4K
Capital One Venture X - 30K
Message 5 of 12
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

MasterCard and VISA both have three tiers of cards. VISA, VISA Signature, and VISA Infinity vs. MC, MC World, and MC World Elite. So the World Elite is roughly comparably to the Infinity. There are more possible benefits at each level, including things like extended warranty protection, travel protection, concierge service, and early access to certain events, but it's up the card issuer which benefits each card grants. The only way to be sure is to look at the cardmember's agreement for your specific card. Citi for example is known for issuing World Elite MCs with almost no benefits. The reason they do it is swipe fees. Merchants are dinged more for higher tier cards.

Message 6 of 12
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@Anonymalous wrote:

MasterCard and VISA both have three tiers of cards. VISA, VISA Signature, and VISA Infinity vs. MC, MC World, and MC World Elite. So the World Elite is roughly comparably to the Infinity. There are more possible benefits at each level, including things like extended warranty protection, travel protection, concierge service, and early access to certain events, but it's up the card issuer which benefits each card grants. The only way to be sure is to look at the cardmember's agreement for your specific card. Citi for example is known for issuing World Elite MCs with almost no benefits. The reason they do it is swipe fees. Merchants are dinged more for higher tier cards.

I think You meant Infinite not Infinity.

Message 7 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymalous wrote:

MasterCard and VISA both have three tiers of cards. VISA, VISA Signature, and VISA Infinity vs. MC, MC World, and MC World Elite. So the World Elite is roughly comparably to the Infinity. 

While both are the highest tier of 3 (in the US) I don't think WEMC and VI are really equivalent.   There are a number of no annual fee WEMC whereas most of the infinites have larger fees.

People's views vary but the short answer for me to WEMC perks is not all that useful, even if your card continues to have them!

Message 8 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymalous wrote:

@Anonymalous -- slight correction with the above. There are actually 4 tiers for V/MC. Visa Platinum, Visa Gold, Visa Signature and Visa Infinite (not Infinity). For MC, Platinum MC, Gold MC, World MC and World Eilte MC. The Gold V/MC tier is not as widely available, but it's offered by a variety of regional banks and some CUs.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymalous wrote:

@Anonymalous -- slight correction with the above. There are actually 4 tiers for V/MC. Visa Platinum, Visa Gold, Visa Signature and Visa Infinite (not Infinity). For MC, Platinum MC, Gold MC, World MC and World Eilte MC. The Gold V/MC tier is not as widely available, but it's offered by a variety of regional banks and some CUs.

Thanks, good information!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.