Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Savor One

tag
Coffeelover2020
Established Member

Capital One Savor One

I have had the Savor One with an SL of 5k for almost three months now. It gets nice usage, I was wondering if you could product change to the annual fee version for 4% cash back? I heard this one is metal? If wait a few more months before asking. Is this an option? 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One Savor One

You're probably gonna have to apply for the 'metal' Savor. 

Message 2 of 10
wasCB14
Super Contributor

They may be unable to switch you to an AF card in the first year due to laws meant to target bait-and-switch subprime cards.

IMO, the value of a Cap1 card is in the bonus. So I'd try to get $300 or $500 or whatever they're offering these days.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 10
ficosuave
Contributor

As far as I know, there have been no PCs to (or between) the Savor products since the refresh. Hopefully some day they'll flip that switch back to allow.

Message 4 of 10
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@Coffeelover2020 wrote:

I have had the Savor One with an SL of 5k for almost three months now. It gets nice usage, I was wondering if you could product change to the annual fee version for 4% cash back? I heard this one is metal? If wait a few more months before asking. Is this an option? 

I hope you spend a lot on dining/entertainment/streaming and really love metal to pay that $95 AF for 1% more.  Not me.  (I don't know know if the the $95 AF Savor is metal).  Grocery is still 3%.  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 5 of 10
Trini88
Established Contributor

@ptatohed wrote:

@Coffeelover2020 wrote:

I hope you spend a lot on dining/entertainment/streaming and really love metal to pay that $95 AF for 1% more.  Not me.  (I don't know know if the the $95 AF Savor is metal).  Grocery is still 3%.  

Yup the comparisons I saw on YouTube is the reason I got the SavorOne instead. 

Goal Cards:
Message 6 of 10
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@ptatohed wrote:

@Coffeelover2020 wrote:

It is metal... not that it matters.  4% on a metal card is the same as 4% on a plastic card.

PCs to Savor and SavorOne products are still not allowed.  They didn't even let me downgrade my Savor to a SavorOne.  I ended up just cancelling it.  I will likely app for a SavorOne later next year for the bonus, and it's a decent keeper card for 3% on dining with easy redemptions and no FTF.

Message 7 of 10
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

The stuff that's laminated to my metal Savor is peeling off, and I'll probably have to have the card replaced at some point. That'll make three metal cards in my drawer awaiting disposal.

Message 8 of 10
Trekkie0707
New Contributor

@ptatohed wrote:

@Coffeelover2020 wrote:

^^this

It would require 10k in rest/ entertainment spend just to cover the annual fee. (Difference between 3 and 4%) I just find it hard to see the value unless you are spending an insane amount at rest and entertainment. 

FICO 8 Starting 01/22: Exp 598 | TU 571 | EQ 591

Current: Exp 676 | TU 654 | EQ 700

NFCU Flagship ($6.9k) | Discover It ($5k) | FNBO Evergreen ($4.1k) | PenFed Gold ($3.5k) | Amex BCE ($1k) | NFCU Secured ($200)

RIP: Mission Lane ($500) | CapOne QS1 ($300) | Memberships : NFCU & PENFed
Message 9 of 10
BijouMan
New Contributor

I got Savor back when it first came out as a free plastic card with 3% cash back or 3X Venture miles on dining. Then they changed it to the $95/year version which later became stainless steel that earns 4% or 4X and they also introduced SavorOne which is basically the old Savor. Because I got it when it first came out, I was upgraded to the new 4%/4X Savor and it is still free for me.

Just so you know, Savor is stainless steel, SavorOne is plastic, the bonus categories apply worldwide and if you also have a Venture product you can convert Savor cash rewards to Venture miles at 1¢/mile.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.