cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured Card and I'm on my way...

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One Secured Card and I'm on my way...

Congratulations! That's a really good deal for a secured card. Take good care of it, and watch your credit history blossom. Best wishes to you!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 11 of 23
Eddie24CO
Valued Member

I just got approved for the CAP ONE SECURED as well with a $49.00 deposit, but i don't know how much of a limit they are giving me yet, $200 i'd assume.

Anyhoo.. I had a previous charge off with them in 2008 for $2,400.00 that I settled at the end of 2009, and I still CURRENTLY have a charge off that i have been paying on the for the past year, and the balance just dropped to $800.00 so i am almost done, 3 more months at max and that is paid.

I am really surprised that capital one allowed me to open a secured card, especially with a $49.00 deposit.

What is the AF on this card?

Current FICO Scores as of June 2022:
Experian: 720
Equifax: 721
TransUnion: 719
Message 12 of 23
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Eddie24CO wrote:

I just got approved for the CAP ONE SECURED as well with a $49.00 deposit, but i don't know how much of a limit they are giving me yet, $200 i'd assume.

Anyhoo.. I had a previous charge off with them in 2008 for $2,400.00 that I settled at the end of 2009, and I still CURRENTLY have a charge off that i have been paying on the for the past year, and the balance just dropped to $800.00 so i am almost done, 3 more months at max and that is paid.

I am really surprised that capital one allowed me to open a secured card, especially with a $49.00 deposit.

Purchase APR Transfer Info Annual Fee Minimum Security Deposit Credit Line
22.9% variable APR
22.9% variable APR; No Transfer Fee
$29
$49, $99 or $200 refundable deposit based on your credit
$200–$3,000. Minimum security deposit gets you a $200 line. Deposit more to increase your line.

Message 13 of 23
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Eddie24CO wrote:

I have their secured card and deposited $600 so far to get a $700 CL. Im gonna give them 100 here and there to get it up to 1K.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI everyone I just got approved for the card as well with a 49.99 deposit and 200 CL, and I noticed someone else asked the question, does that mean that my total credit limit will be 200??? As soon as I get the card I am going to add more funds to the account, so I can have an higher CL.

Message 15 of 23
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

HI everyone I just got approved for the card as well with a 49.99 deposit and 200 CL, and I noticed someone else asked the question, does that mean that my total credit limit will be 200??? As soon as I get the card I am going to add more funds to the account, so I can have an higher CL.

I put 99 down for a 200 CL. I believe 200 is the starting point on their secured card, just make frequent CLI deposits and youll be golden with them

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 23
cgreer72
Regular Contributor

I applied for a CapitalOne SCC last month, and received the same offer.....$49 deposit with $200 CL. Credit score was 605.

Message 17 of 23
Eddie24CO
Valued Member

Does this Capital One Secured Card give you automatic CLI's without an additional deposit if you have good behavior and PIF each month, or do you have to increase it on your own?

Current FICO Scores as of June 2022:
Experian: 720
Equifax: 721
TransUnion: 719
Message 18 of 23
cgreer72
Regular Contributor

@Eddie24CO wrote:

Does this Capital One Secured Card give you automatic CLI's without an additional deposit if you have good behavior and PIF each month, or do you have to increase it on your own?

Good question!

Message 19 of 23
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Eddie24CO wrote:

Increasing your deposit increases your CL.   It is easy to do on the website whenever you want.

They review your account every 6 months and may give unsecured CL based on your behavour and credit score.  

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.