cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured Deposit Refund - Now Unsecured!

tag
JeffMO
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Secured Deposit Refund

Bump*****

Just curious to see if any other success was out there, anyone?

Capital one 500, Discover 11.1k. UMB Signature visa 18.5k, DW UMB card Auth user 16K. Citi Costco anywhere 26.6k, Amazon Prime 22.3K
BH/Comenity Photo 10k Lowes advantage 35k
AAOA 2y4m, oldest 5 years. 0 collections. 125k income, Util 1% inq 1/12. 1/24. 30/60/90 = 0, No derog's, clean file. Rebuilding started 4 years ago.
Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 795
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 31 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update - I got an email from Capital One stating that my card was upgraded to a platinum MasterCard and that it is no longer secured.  This will help those who are unsure if they have graduated.

Message 32 of 154
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Update - I got an email from Capital One stating that my card was upgraded to a platinum MasterCard and that it is no longer secured.  This will help those who are unsure if they have graduated.

That is fantastic news. Congratulations on your graduation 🎓!

Capital One check for upgrade link

Message 33 of 154
Conceptual23
Frequent Contributor

Congrats and good luck on the rebuild.

Starting FICO 8s | 06/2018: EX 601 ✦ EQ 605 ✦ TU 590
Current FICO 8s | 9/2022: EX 732 ✦ EQ 739✦ TU 743
2023 Goal Score: 760+

Business Cards:

Message 34 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just noticed this refund on my statement today from 11/19, definetly a nice surprise. However, I'm unsure if this is a graduation (at least for me) because the only e-mail I have from Cap1 I have is the QS pre-approval. My online account still shows card as secured. Man Sad

Message 35 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just noticed this refund on my statement today from 11/19, definetly a nice surprise. However, I'm unsure if this is a graduation (at least for me) because the only e-mail I have from Cap1 I have is the QS pre-approval. My online account still shows card as secured. Man Sad

@Anonymous I would give them a call!

Message 36 of 154
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with @Anonymous .  You should call them. The rep will be able to tell you. I got the email from Capital One about a week after I saw the credit on my account. 

Good luck!!!!

Message 37 of 154
cr101
Established Contributor

After almost 4 yrs, Cap1 graduated me

*tear* Completely unexpected. I had planned to just let them keep the $49 deposit since I didn't want to close the account bc it's my oldest. I called to find out why I got a refund and the rep told me that I was upgraded and no longer secured.

I applied for a CLI online aferwards. Nope. LOL. I'm sure that I'll get the "not enough use" letter, so I'm guessing that this will stay at $500 CL since I don't earn points.

DP on usage:

I rarely used the card to begin with, but there was no activity for 3 months. Then, I made 3 charges between $5 and $40 between late Oct and late Nov. Refund issued a few days ago. 

Also, as of a few months ago, I have no late payments on EX. If they use EX, that could be a factor.

Good luck to all who are waiting!

Message 38 of 154
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: After almost 4 yrs, Cap1 graduated me

Awesome!  Really surprising to hear and hopefully this is good news for others.  Enjoy and congrats on the Exp. lates vanishing.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 39 of 154
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: After almost 4 yrs, Cap1 graduated me

Congratulations on your graduation🎓!
Message 40 of 154
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.