Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Specialty hardship program

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Specialty hardship program

I had a car accident that affected my ability to produce the same income as I did before. So unfortunately I missed two payments on my cc. Spoke with capital one. They asked h I w long my condition would last. I told them that It would be hard to estimate but at least 8-10 months (it might last over a year). They offered me yo waive the late fees, for 3 months. If I wouldnt catch up with my payments they would continue waving the late fees. I told them that it's not the late fees, it's the interest that won't let me catch up ($200 interest +110 principal=310 minimum payment 😭). The tokd me it's the only option I have at the moment, and they can't reduce apr😭 I don't know what to do, please give me an advice. I've never had missed payments before, but after this accident I just can't even get out of the bed some days cause if the pain, and I do my best put as much hours as I can to make money. I'm honestly desperate at this point
4 REPLIES 4
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Capital One Specialty hardship program

Are you working full time, can you apply for partial disability?

In time cap1 will lower the apr. It'll come with an account closure, but they want what they can get when faced with getting nothing.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still working just not enough. Can't get disability unfortunately, my condition is not constant, but random days, I just can't get up or move much. So I have to take a sick day, unpaid, since I'm hourly
Message 3 of 5
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

your issue is you told them short term <12 months   you have to say >12 months and it will let them have access to alterative options

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

while you still have a good enough fico score, you can take out a loan at about 3% and pay off your card now. or open up a balance transfer card with a long 0% apr period. amex has a good hardship program and they have 15mo 0% on the everyday card.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.