Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Unauthorized PC... Sorta...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Unauthorized PC... Sorta...

Yo, what's up guys? So last week, I posted saying that I was able to upgrade my Quicksilver non-EMV card to an EMV card after talking to the EO. Afterward, my card images on the website and phone app changed to the Spark card so I called them the next day to verify if my account is still a Quicksilver and they said it was and that the image change is an unexplained glitch. I just received my card in the mail and guess what. It was a Spark card so I called the EO again and they said that my account really is a Quicksilver card and they'll file a case to get me the right card and with a chip. I asked what to do with the card I got and they said I could still use it and it'll just work like a Quicksilver card. Pretty interesting turn of events I must say and just thought I'd share.

Original post: 

04-29-2015 04:15 PM, @Anonymous wrote:

What up party people? There have been a few threads about the new Capital One Quicksilver design with an EMV chip. I sent in a secured message asking to be switched and they said that I would not be issued a new card immediately but that I should receive one by the end of 2015. It didn't bother me or anything, but I had some time to kill on Friday and came across the EO # on my contact so I gave it a call and asked for a switch. I told them that I would be traveling in a few weeks and wanted to call in advance to get a card I could use overseas. The lady on the phone said that was smart of me and said she'd look into it and call me back in a few days. I received a voice message today saying that my request was fulfilled but that was it. No details on when and where it's being shipped, if at all. I'm just assuming I'll be seeing something in the mail soon. She gave me her extension so I'll give her a call back tomorrow if I have time. Great news regardless!

Strangely enough, the image on my Capital One Wallet app changed from a generic Capital One card (since I currently have a personalized card) to this:

IMG_8607.PNG

No image is loading on my Capital One portal though:

Untitled.png

TLDR If you haven't been successfl at getting a new card issued and really want one, just call the Executive Office and tell them you need one since you'll be traveling soon. They won't ask to verify or anything and your request should be approved. The call took me a minute and a half tops. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Unauthorized PC... Sorta...

Above the spark card says quicksilver visa. So it just looks like a picture glitch.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 7
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:
Above the spark card says quicksilver visa. So it just looks like a picture glitch.

No, OP said they recieved the card in the mail and it is indeed a Spark card (however, on the back end, it's still a Quicksilver as far as how it will work).

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Skye12329 wrote:

Sorry, I was out, but it only says that because I nicknamed my card "Quicksilver Visa Signature" so there wasn't an actual way for me to tell which card I had.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's crazy
Message 5 of 7
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

now you have a souvenir

Message 6 of 7
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

That's interesting.. maybe one day I would be eligible for a Business card if Cap1 messed up with QS VS...lol

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.