Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One makes it difficult...

tag
AeroKrix
Frequent Contributor

Credit One makes it difficult...

called again today hoping to close the card since my 6 month waived AF is ending and they again extended it for another 6 months. Have a had my Credit One since 2013 and only paid the AF one time, when I signed up for the card. I guess I really can't complain. Started at $300 CL and now at $1000 and only paid once at the beginning for a CLI. I guess they are waiting till I forget to call in and cancel my card so they can start charge an AF, maybe that's why they won't waive it indefinitely. But the moment they stop kissing my behind, you're fired, Credit One!

Current 09/01/2021 EQ - 515 FAKO ; EX - 591 FICO ; TU - 598 FICO

Venmo CC $5.0K || Paypal Cashback CC $2.0K || Walmart CC $3.0K || CapOne QS1 $700 || CapOne QS $800 || Mission Lane $1.5K || Merrick $1.0K || AMEX Optima $500
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One makes it difficult...

they offered the same to me, but i cancelled anyway.  They will always offer it.  Keep in mind, however, they charge interest from day 1.

If you really don't need the card, I would cancel it.  Otherwise, you're going to have to remember to call in every six months.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

At this point, I can't really get anything else so I will just leave it open. I will probably do the same as you before they start charging the annual fee.
Message 3 of 8
AeroKrix
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

they offered the same to me, but i cancelled anyway.  They will always offer it.  Keep in mind, however, they charge interest from day 1.

If you really don't need the card, I would cancel it.  Otherwise, you're going to have to remember to call in every six months.

Well to be fair, Credit One does make money off me. My Hulu subscription does go on my Credit One card. I guess I can part ways for that $1 min interest charge. Sadly, this is one of my oldest, active CC's.

Venmo CC $5.0K || Paypal Cashback CC $2.0K || Walmart CC $3.0K || CapOne QS1 $700 || CapOne QS $800 || Mission Lane $1.5K || Merrick $1.0K || AMEX Optima $500
Message 4 of 8
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

I too had a CreditOne card until very recently. Had the limit up to $800 before I closed the account last month. I only kept it around because it was a decent chunk of my total credit limits, which were somewhere aroun $2200 before I discovered these forums. 

But you... You have tons of available credit in other cards, and this accounts for less than 3% of your credit listed lines. Even though there's no AF at the momet, it's still not worth keeping around. You don't need it anymore, so dump it!

Message 5 of 8
northface28
Established Contributor

Id dump these leeches post haste. 

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kick it to the curb! Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 8
AeroKrix
Frequent Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

I too had a CreditOne card until very recently. Had the limit up to $800 before I closed the account last month. I only kept it around because it was a decent chunk of my total credit limits, which were somewhere aroun $2200 before I discovered these forums. 

But you... You have tons of available credit in other cards, and this accounts for less than 3% of your credit listed lines. Even though there's no AF at the momet, it's still not worth keeping around. You don't need it anymore, so dump it!

I'm waiting for my reports to refresh in May and hopefully apply for some nice CLI's. Right now, I'm sitting at exactly 5% overall UTL. For the past 5 months, I been hovering around 20-30%. So once my new balances report, I should see a nice score jump and apply for those CLI's. Then, quickly turn around and dump Credit One. Unfortunately, I believe in not closing any cards without either replacing the limit through CLI or a new card. Even though that loss of $1k credit is small in the grand scheme of things, I always want to keep upping my overall limit and nevet do anything that would decrease it. I hope that makes any sense lol

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.