cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture Card (high initial cl?)

Get your FICO Score for free

No credit card required

skigirl916
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture Card (high initial cl?)


@navajomyst2003 wrote:

Approved for this card last month with initial CL of $50,000.  I was very surprised.  I have the same CL with NFCU but that was the result of consolidating two cards into one.


I really don't believe this to be true. Not from CapOne.

Message 11 of 125
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture Card (high initial cl?)


@skigirl916 wrote:

@navajomyst2003 wrote:

Approved for this card last month with initial CL of $50,000.  I was very surprised.  I have the same CL with NFCU but that was the result of consolidating two cards into one.


I really don't believe this to be true. Not from CapOne.


It is true. as many have posted those limits lately. in fact. cap one has really opened up the wallet lately. so not surprising. This is their high end card keep in mind. So by doing this to a few. the rest of the big limit seekers will follow and try and duplicate.

Message 12 of 125
skigirl916
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture Card (high initial cl?)


@taxi818 wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@navajomyst2003 wrote:

Approved for this card last month with initial CL of $50,000.  I was very surprised.  I have the same CL with NFCU but that was the result of consolidating two cards into one.


I really don't believe this to be true. Not from CapOne.


It is true. as many have posted those limits lately. in fact. cap one has really opened up the wallet lately. so not surprising. This is their high end card keep in mind. So by doing this to a few. the rest of the big limit seekers will follow and try and duplicate.


Just because people are posting these limits doesn't make it true.

 

I simply do not believe CapOne is issuing cards with limits that high - to anyone. 

Message 13 of 125
Nixon
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture Card (high initial cl?)


@skigirl916 wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@navajomyst2003 wrote:

Approved for this card last month with initial CL of $50,000.  I was very surprised.  I have the same CL with NFCU but that was the result of consolidating two cards into one.


I really don't believe this to be true. Not from CapOne.


It is true. as many have posted those limits lately. in fact. cap one has really opened up the wallet lately. so not surprising. This is their high end card keep in mind. So by doing this to a few. the rest of the big limit seekers will follow and try and duplicate.


Just because people are posting these limits doesn't make it true.

 

I simply do not believe CapOne is issuing cards with limits that high - to anyone. 


What if I told you I got a CSP with a $200,000 limit?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Smiley Happy

 

Hahahahahahha. Yeah. Smiley Very Happy

EX FICO  16 INQ  791
EQ FICO  10 INQ  786
TU FICO  12 INQ  790
Total CL$477,00038 TL
Message 14 of 125
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture Card (high initial cl?)

True people can say anything. but its not like a zillion people saying. that. and it is not just on this forum. other forums have reported the same thing. but in any case i will just go with own experience with cap 1. when i was in their credit steps. they said i would get 250 dollar increase. but in fact. it was a 3k increase. so i know for sure they are being much more generous then their previous actions. so why not on their top end cards as well. most people will not lie about their credit issues. at least here they won't but im sure a few bad apples even here. so your doubt is not unfounded. me i choose to beleive them. as all their other facts. are in line with it.

But if my siggy said my eq score is 655 and thats what i got. no way.

But if they are posting 813 eq fico. i can see that happening. and good income. so now i just got  my first 10k limit after 2 months with amex. i know most won't beleive it. but its true. so everyone has their own opinion of it.

Message 15 of 125
Roarmeister
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture Card (high initial cl?)

Mine is not a Venture but a Platimum card.  $20k from day 1, no upgrades. In fact I called them and asked about a CLI and they told me they don't do CLIs on that particular product.

Starting Score: EQ 732 October 2007; Current Score: EQ 839; TU 865, July 2022;
Oldest Reporting EQ Account: 20.4 years; EQ AAoA: 9.9 years;
ACTUAL Oldest account 40.1 years; ACTUAL AAoA 19.3 years.





Message 16 of 125
navajomyst2003
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture Card (high initial cl?)


@skigirl916 wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@navajomyst2003 wrote:

Approved for this card last month with initial CL of $50,000.  I was very surprised.  I have the same CL with NFCU but that was the result of consolidating two cards into one.


I really don't believe this to be true. Not from CapOne.


It is true. as many have posted those limits lately. in fact. cap one has really opened up the wallet lately. so not surprising. This is their high end card keep in mind. So by doing this to a few. the rest of the big limit seekers will follow and try and duplicate.


Just because people are posting these limits doesn't make it true.

 

I simply do not believe CapOne is issuing cards with limits that high - to anyone. 


I think a good dose of skepticism is a good thing and I would have trouble believing it too considering the limit on my QS. But it is true and I have almost met the min spend for the bonus points.


In my wallet: Cap1 Venture ($58k), Amex PRG (NPSL), Amex HH ($4K), Barclays Ring MC ($10K), Chase Sapphire Preferred ($22K), Chase SWA Visa Preferred ($7.5K), Chase United Mileage Explorer VS ($20k), Chase Marriott Rewards VS ($12K), BOA BBR MC ($41K), BOA Visa Sig Cash Rewards ($30K), Chase Ritz VS (9K), NFCU Flagship Visa ($55K), Discover It ($6K), Citi AA ($20K). Everything else in SD.

FICO goal: 800+ (as of 3-6-15: EQ FICO 774,,TU FICO 808, EX FICO 775)
Message 17 of 125
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture Card (high initial cl?)


@skigirl916 wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@navajomyst2003 wrote:

Approved for this card last month with initial CL of $50,000.  I was very surprised.  I have the same CL with NFCU but that was the result of consolidating two cards into one.


I really don't believe this to be true. Not from CapOne.


It is true. as many have posted those limits lately. in fact. cap one has really opened up the wallet lately. so not surprising. This is their high end card keep in mind. So by doing this to a few. the rest of the big limit seekers will follow and try and duplicate.


Just because people are posting these limits doesn't make it true.

 

I simply do not believe CapOne is issuing cards with limits that high - to anyone. 


So how high is believable for you?   I really don't know how you can make such statements without more internal knowledge of Cap One underwriting.   You may be basing on all the other reports of low limits, but as you say, posting doesn't make those true either.

Message 18 of 125
navajomyst2003
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture Card (high initial cl?)


@skigirl916 wrote:

@navajomyst2003 wrote:

Approved for this card last month with initial CL of $50,000.  I was very surprised.  I have the same CL with NFCU but that was the result of consolidating two cards into one.


I really don't believe this to be true. Not from CapOne.


Cap1.PNG


In my wallet: Cap1 Venture ($58k), Amex PRG (NPSL), Amex HH ($4K), Barclays Ring MC ($10K), Chase Sapphire Preferred ($22K), Chase SWA Visa Preferred ($7.5K), Chase United Mileage Explorer VS ($20k), Chase Marriott Rewards VS ($12K), BOA BBR MC ($41K), BOA Visa Sig Cash Rewards ($30K), Chase Ritz VS (9K), NFCU Flagship Visa ($55K), Discover It ($6K), Citi AA ($20K). Everything else in SD.

FICO goal: 800+ (as of 3-6-15: EQ FICO 774,,TU FICO 808, EX FICO 775)
Message 19 of 125
Nixon
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture Card (high initial cl?)

+1
EX FICO  16 INQ  791
EQ FICO  10 INQ  786
TU FICO  12 INQ  790
Total CL$477,00038 TL
Message 20 of 125
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.