Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture/Quicksilver Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Venture/Quicksilver Question

So I was considering applying for the VentureOne, it has benefits that I am interested in. I currently have a Platinum Mastercard with QuicksilverOne rewards on it. I have chatted with multiple customer service reps and they have told me there are no upgrades available. If I were to apply for the venture one, could I merge the cards? would I have to do a balance transfer? I'm only carrying about $150 balance right now. Would closing the Quicksilver one cause a hit to my credit report? I'm not too familiar with carrying multiple cards from the same lender so I'm not sure how it works.
2 REPLIES 2
RCFL
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture/Quicksilver Question

You can only merge if both accounts are 6 months or older. I am not sure about your balance transfer option, for me - they mail me blank checks all the time. I think cap one only allow 2 cards per person.
Message 2 of 3
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture/Quicksilver Question

@Anonymous wrote:
So I was considering applying for the VentureOne, it has benefits that I am interested in. I currently have a Platinum Mastercard with QuicksilverOne rewards on it. I have chatted with multiple customer service reps and they have told me there are no upgrades available. If I were to apply for the venture one, could I merge the cards? would I have to do a balance transfer? I'm only carrying about $150 balance right now. Would closing the Quicksilver one cause a hit to my credit report? I'm not too familiar with carrying multiple cards from the same lender so I'm not sure how it works.

Check the pre-qual site first as they're typically spot on but as far as the merge the accounts have to be open for 6 months and the card you're keeping on the merge must have a zero balance to do it at time of combining.  As far as BT's, Cap1 will only allow it to another creditor as you can transfer a balance from one C1 acct to another.  You can have a maximum of 5 cards with Cap1 unless it's changed and they allow more, I have 4 with them and an AU on another.- Good luck

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.