cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One converting Venture to mastercard?

tag
SEBanker
Valued Member

Capital One converting Venture to mastercard?

Will my replacement card be a mastercard instead of a visa?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One converting Venture to mastercard?

I'd be curious to know this too. Right now I have 2 Ventures and a Quicksilver--all Visas and I'd like them to remain that way when the current cards expire. I know all new ones are being issued as MC's.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 2 of 5
sjt
Senior Contributor

@SEBanker wrote:

Will my replacement card be a mastercard instead of a visa?

No, it will remain a Visa card.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 3 of 5
newhis
Valued Contributor

They say the Visa will stay Visa.

I have read that other banks, when they change network, at some point they change the cards. First new apps, then the current cards.

Cap1 started with affiliate links for a few weeks, then own links (both for new apps), I guess at some point they may change the current cards.

Message 4 of 5
UncleB
Credit Mentor

No worries... with Capital One at this time it's not even possible to get a card changed from one network to another, so if your card is a Visa it will remain a Visa regardless what network new cards are issued with.  Smiley Happy

Note:  There is one sort-of 'exception'... if you have a Discover or Amex with a bank who's portfolio is bought by Capital One, those cards do get a network change, from what I've seen usually to MasterCard.  I once had a Discover with HSBC; I closed it just before conversion to Capital One but I received mail that the card would be changed to a Platinum MasterCard with a new account number. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.