Did you mean: 

Capital One denial question

tag
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One denial question

@asteroidblues86 wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

The rebuilding cards are like the secured mastercard and the MTV Visa Reward by cap one...I've never heard of anyone getting a higher CL on that card than $800 though. CapOne is evil tho. I've been a customer for 3 years and never paid any interest on my card as I've always paid it in full. They've never given me another CL increase or anything. I applied for another card in their network to obtain a larger limit and they denied me. Reason still unknown.

What card did you apply for? I would think they only offer higher limits on their "excellent" credit required cards.

The Orbitz card is listed as an excellent credit. credit card and i got a measly 500 limit that just turned to 750...Im going to wait and see if it grows any larger.

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 21 of 30
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Platinum is meaningless here in US, since most card issuer these days issue you "Platinum" Visa/MC.

Capital One gives high CL on its excellent credit lineup, but those are very difficult to get approved.

+1

The highest CL you can get on an average card (initially at least) is $3000, most people start out at the $500-$750 range, and a few lucky people get random CLs to like $5k+ 

Their excellent cards start at like $5,000 and go up to I think $30-35,000

Their excellent cards actually have a minimum CL of $3,000 (I have one) and if I remember right their average cards have a minimum CL of $300. 

EDIT - the 3k minimum is for the Green Cash Rewards and Regular Venture (both no AF) -- The Venture with the AF is a minimum 5k limit -- The Orbitz for excellent credit is min. 3k and the platinum prestige for excellent credit is min. $500

My orbitz has 750 in credit limit spending as of last week. It was 500 before that.

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 22 of 30
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Orbitz, and Mtv are both tiered for average, or excellent credit...
$500? Average....

Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sparkz1920 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Platinum is meaningless here in US, since most card issuer these days issue you "Platinum" Visa/MC.

Capital One gives high CL on its excellent credit lineup, but those are very difficult to get approved.

+1

The highest CL you can get on an average card (initially at least) is $3000, most people start out at the $500-$750 range, and a few lucky people get random CLs to like $5k+ 

Their excellent cards actually have a minimum CL of $3,000 (I have one) and if I remember right their average cards have a minimum CL of $300. 

EDIT - the 3k minimum is for the Green Cash Rewards and Regular Venture (both no AF) -- The Venture with the AF is a minimum 5k limit -- The Orbitz for excellent credit is min. 3k and the platinum prestige for excellent credit is min. $500

My orbitz has 750 in credit limit spending as of last week. It was 500 before that.

Did you just get it recently? Was it the one that said for excellent credit? I got my info straight from their rates and disclosure page but I don't know if they have average and excellent credit cards like they do with the green cash back or what.... http://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/partnerships/orbitz-visa-platinum/disclosures/?Log=1&EventType=Link&ComponentType=T&LOB=MTS%3A%3ALCTMMQC4S&PageName=Orbitz+Card+Excellent+Credit&PortletLocation=4%3B16-col%3B1-1&ComponentName=tertiaryNavigation&ContentElement=4%3BRates+%26+Disclosures&TargetLob=MTS%3A%3ALCTMMQC4S&TargetPageName=Orbitz+Card+Excel+Credit+Disclosures&linkid=WWW_Z_Z_Z_GBLFO_F0_02_T_CCMAIN&referer=www.capitalone.com 

***EDIT***  Found the Orbitz average credit card (minimum CL $300) http://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/partnerships/orbitz-visa-platinum/average/disclosures/?Log=1&EventType=Link&ComponentType=T&LOB=MTS%3A%3ALCTMMQC4S&PageName=Orbitz+Card+Average+Credit&PortletLocation=4%3B16-col%3B1-1&ComponentName=tertiaryNavigation&ContentElement=4%3BRates+%26+Disclosures&TargetLob=MTS%3A%3ALCTMMQC4S&TargetPageName=Orbitz+Card+Average+Credit+Disclosures&linkid=WWW_Z_Z_Z_GBLFO_F0_02_T_CCMAIN&referer=www.capitalone.com

Message 24 of 30
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@Sparkz1920 wrote:

The Orbitz card is listed as an excellent credit. credit card and i got a measly 500 limit that just turned to 750...Im going to wait and see if it grows any larger.

There are two version of Orbitz card, average credit and excellent credit. You got the average credit one. Excellent credit one has minimum credit limit of $3,000.

The average credit one won't grow with you, the excellent credit one will.

Message 25 of 30
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Sparkz1920 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

+1

Did you just get it recently? Was it the one that said for excellent credit? I got my info straight from their rates and disclosure page but I don't know if they have average and excellent credit cards like they do with the green cash back or what.... http://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/partnerships/orbitz-visa-platinum/disclosures/?Log=1&EventType=Link&ComponentType=T&LOB=MTS%3A%3ALCTMMQC4S&PageName=Orbitz+Card+Excellent+Credit&PortletLocation=4%3B16-col%3B1-1&ComponentName=tertiaryNavigation&ContentElement=4%3BRates+%26+Disclosures&TargetLob=MTS%3A%3ALCTMMQC4S&TargetPageName=Orbitz+Card+Excel+Credit+Disclosures&linkid=WWW_Z_Z_Z_GBLFO_F0_02_T_CCMAIN&referer=www.capitalone.com 

***EDIT***  Found the Orbitz average credit card (minimum CL $300) http://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/partnerships/orbitz-visa-platinum/average/disclosures/?Log=1&EventType=Link&ComponentType=T&LOB=MTS%3A%3ALCTMMQC4S&PageName=Orbitz+Card+Average+Credit&PortletLocation=4%3B16-col%3B1-1&ComponentName=tertiaryNavigation&ContentElement=4%3BRates+%26+Disclosures&TargetLob=MTS%3A%3ALCTMMQC4S&TargetPageName=Orbitz+Card+Average+Credit+Disclosures&linkid=WWW_Z_Z_Z_GBLFO_F0_02_T_CCMAIN&referer=www.capitalone.com

i app'd from the Orbitz site itself.

Message 26 of 30
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

Ok, Thanks. Since i know now that i have the average one, ill be axing it too along with the 500.00 one i have.

Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if with the orbitz site it does like store cards and if you don't qualify for the $3000 it just gives you the lower tier card. It looks like they have the same exact benefit but we all know cap one doesn't like to grow.
Message 28 of 30
snowkitty
Established Contributor

I finally got the letter from cap one today and they said "not enough revolving credit accounts", "not long enough credit history" and the one I really don't get is "too high credit limits" you can see from my signature that is a joke....when I applied with them, the only accts opened and showing on my credit report was bofa and amazon......oh well.....lol
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 29 of 30
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@snowkitty wrote:
I finally got the letter from cap one today and they said "not enough revolving credit accounts", "not long enough credit history" and the one I really don't get is "too high credit limits" you can see from my signature that is a joke....when I applied with them, the only accts opened and showing on my credit report was bofa and amazon......oh well.....lol

LOL I want to get rid of my cap one soo bad but I realize its my only VISA card and my longest open account...sooo I'll just pay it and put it away...the limit is just sad.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.