cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One hardship Program?

tag
leahnc

Capital One hardship Program?

Hello - I am 3 months behind on my Capital One credit card due to job loss.  I have asked a customer service rep at least 5 different times to be put on a hardship plan, they are saying Im not eligible?   They offer me a plan to "catch up",  but I do not have the avaialble funds to do what they require to get caught up which is 200+ monthly payments. My min due is $407.00

Anyway, Im not sure why they are so stubborn?  I have several other credit cards that we got behind on due to job loss & now have a decreased income.  I got all but Capital One to put me on a repayment / hardship program.  They lowered my monthly amt due, reduced my interest rate to 0-1% and no more late fees. I pay a small afforadable payment each month while lowering my debt.

Any advice on Capital One?  They are not very easy to work with? Thanks

Experian Vantage 3.0 = 597
Transunion Vantage 3.0 = 670 and 672
Equifax Vantage 3.0 = 708

CC Approvals after Ch13 Bk Discharge:
Card #1 (1 week) 5/10/23 - Ally Everyday Cash Back CC $1500.00 CL | APR-V @ 29.94% | Cashback 1% & 3%
Card #2 (6 weeks) 06/11/23 - Capital One Quicksilver for Good Credit - $4000 CL | APR-V 29.99% | Cashback 1.5%

Homeowner since 10/15/2003 *30yr @ 6.5%
Mortgage Modification April 2014 (extend term | hardship) *50yr at 6.5%
Bankruptcy | Ch13 Filed on 03.16.18 | Discharged 04.28.23 (5 yrs)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One hardship Program?

@leahnc wrote:

Hello - I am 3 months behind on my Capital One credit card due to job loss.  I have asked a customer service rep at least 5 different times to be put on a hardship plan, they are saying Im not eligible?   They offer me a plan to "catch up",  but I do not have the avaialble funds to do what they require to get caught up which is 200+ monthly payments. My min due is $407.00

Anyway, Im not sure why they are so stubborn?  I have several other credit cards that we got behind on due to job loss & now have a decreased income.  I got 3 all but Capital One to put me on a repayment / hardship program.  They lowered my monthly amt due, reduced my interest rate to 0-1% and no more late fees. I pay a small afforadable payment each month while lowering my debt.

Any advice on Capital One?  They are not very easy to work with? Thanks

Sorry about your situation.   It sucks, but it sounds like you are doing the right thing by working with your creditors right away!  Too many people just ignore it until the creditors come knocking...

Some clarifying questions...  Have you missed three complete payments, or have you made payments late, or have you been making partial payments?  Have they actually gone through the process of going through your financials with you, or do they just flat out say no?  Have you initiated the phone calls to the CSR, or are you talking to whatever collection department is calling YOU?

If you're talking to an actual Cap1 CSR, they should be able to tell you what needs to happen for you to qualify for the hardship program.  I would think as soon as you completely missed one payment, they'd be wanting to work with you.

Have you tried contacting the EO?  If you have truely missed 3 complete payments, they should be ecstatic that you want to give them something every month.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 2 of 3
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One hardship Program?

Sorry about your situation as well. When I was in the same situation in 2014 they offered me the catch up plan and that's how I was able to maintain my payments (they offered an amount I could pay monthly) until I could get back on track. Just an FYI, I'll explain what later happended to me. Once I pulled my report a few months later (I wasnt monitoring my credit monthly like I am now), they were reporting my payments late even though I was paying them. So word of caution, make sure they are not reporting your payments late while you are on this plan. I'm trying to have them reverse the information now, hopefully I can have this rectified soon. Good luck to you and stay on top of it! 

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.