Capital One sock drawer

tag
Lou-natic
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One sock drawer

@Zoostation1 wrote:

@Anonymalous wrote:

@Lou-natic wrote:

If Cap1 lets you product change it won't be a hard pull.

Confirming this. I used the link to upgrade my Platinum to a Quicksilver late last year, and I don't think there was even a soft pull (since I have an account, they do account review soft pulls every couple months, and they probably just used the last one).

I've been spamming the upgrade link on a QS1 for the last month or two prior to this week when I opened up a SavorOne.  Does opening the new account have any negative impact on the potential for upgrading the other card?  I've been putting a signficant spend through the QS1 (anywhere from $1700-$2400/mo for 7 months) but it's going to drop down significantly with the SavorOne getting my grocery and streaming spend right away and my dining spend shortly after.

No, each card account just has a 6 month waiting period before it can be changed again. Opening one account doesn't mean you can't make a change on an existing account.

3/3/24
Message 21 of 25
Zoostation1
Established Contributor

Good to know.  I'll keep spamming the upgrade link until it's no a AF card.  Ideally I would PC to regular QS as it would at least work as a backup catch for what isn't covered by other cards.  If V1 is the only option (everything I've seen says that's the more commonly offered upgrade) I'd still take it but it would get sock drawered except for maybe something small that's recurring.

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
March 2024 FICO 8:
March 2024 FICO 9:
Message 22 of 25
Crispy

I have a cap one platinum, quicksilverOne (has an annual fee), and now I have a regular Quicksilver after my Platinum was PC to it LOL...so now I have two quicksilvers and one has an annual fee. Hoping Ill be able to PC the QSOne to a Venture or something with no AF at some point?

Message 23 of 25
Gollum
Established Contributor

After looking more carefully at the rewards for the Capital One SavorOne card, I decided that I'm doing OK with my BECU Cash Back VISA (1.5% cash back on everything), plus my American Express Blue Cash Everyday (3% cash back at grocery stores and 2% cash back at gas stations). 3% cash back rewards for dining was intriguing at first, but for me, it would be only an additional 1.5% cash back for dining. An additional 1.5% cash back for dining is not enough for me to apply for the SavorOne card.

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 846 Experian March 2024, 844 TransUnion March 2024 | (FICO 9) 850 Equifax March 2024
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $9000 | Simmons Bank VISA $7500 | Capital One Quicksilver VISA Platinum (PC/upgrade from No Hassle Miles Rewards VISA Platinum) $500
Message 24 of 25
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

@Crispy wrote:

I have a cap one platinum, quicksilverOne (has an annual fee), and now I have a regular Quicksilver after my Platinum was PC to it LOL...so now I have two quicksilvers and one has an annual fee. Hoping Ill be able to PC the QSOne to a Venture or something with no AF at some point?

I wouldn't count on it. As I mentioned a couple posts ago, there have been one or two reports of people with a QS1 being able to PC it to something without an AF, but they're incredibly rare. The Platinum can be easily upgraded to a no-AF Quicksilver, but the QS1 seems like a trap. They don't want to give up that AF.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.