Did you mean: 

Capital Ones Highest Limits?

tag
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital Ones Highest Limits?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Use it very heavily for 3 months straight. You'll get a CLI.

OP seems to be around $6.5K an DPs suggest that starter cards will only grow to around 8K. I've seen multiple reports of them stopping at $8250 which is, coincidentally, where my own stopped in March.

Much better to get a card with much more favorable terms than try to keep squeezing out that final $1750 on this one. OP's scores would get them any card of their choosing depending on their income.

@Anonymous I may be a very small percentage of those exempt from this common practice.  I got my QS1 during my BK13 and since then it has grown and been PC'd into the Savor WMC currently at $44.5k.  I did roll a Venture into it some time ago and that was around 10k I believe.  So even without rolling that one card into it I would still be at $34.5k.  Again, I'm sure I'm probably one of the very few who were the exception to this common thought of being bucket'd.

Message 11 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Loquat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

OP seems to be around $6.5K an DPs suggest that starter cards will only grow to around 8K. I've seen multiple reports of them stopping at $8250 which is, coincidentally, where my own stopped in March.

Much better to get a card with much more favorable terms than try to keep squeezing out that final $1750 on this one. OP's scores would get them any card of their choosing depending on their income.

@Anonymous I may be a very small percentage of those exempt from this common practice.  I got my QS1 during my BK13 and since then it has grown and been PC'd into the Savor WMC currently at $44.5k.  I did roll a Venture into it some time ago and that was around 10k I believe.  So even without rolling that one card into it I would still be at $34.5k.  Again, I'm sure I'm probably one of the very few who were the exception to this common thought of being bucket'd.

Did it start at $500? There seem to be multiple buckets and the $500 ones end up where mine did.

Obviously things aren't the same for everyone as a lot of people don't get much after their credit steps increase and are amazed at the limit I currently have on it but I've seen a few people on here who started at $500 and ended up stopping right where I did and they had a lot more spend than I ever could have at my current income level.

Message 12 of 35
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@

@Anonymous wrote:

@Loquat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Did it start at $500? There seem to be multiple buckets and the $500 ones end up where mine did.

Obviously things aren't the same for everyone as a lot of people don't get much after their credit steps increase and are amazed at the limit I currently have on it but I've seen a few people on here who started at $500 and ended up stopping right where I did and they had a lot more spend than I ever could have at my current income level.

@Anonymous My QS1 started at $1k in credit steps.  

Message 13 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Loquat wrote:

@

@Anonymous wrote:

@Loquat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous My QS1 started at $1k in credit steps.  

Yeah the $1K ones seem to be looser buckets than the $500s. I've seen multiple reports of huge limits happening with those. Although I've seen just as many get stuck much lower than I'm at now. I think a lot of it has to do with when you got the card and how tight Cap was being with bucketed cards at that time.

Message 14 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

How accurate is Discover Credit Scoreboard? Seems because I paid down my card im at 801 on the Fico score there?

Message 15 of 35
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

How accurate is Discover Credit Scoreboard? Seems because I paid down my card im at 801 on the Fico score there?

It's your EX Fico 8 on a day you checked it. 

Message 16 of 35
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

I'm not sure how much this helps in regards to a more recent/current context, but my parents have a 25-year-old Cap1 Platinum with an 18k limit. It's their back-up card and only sees sporadic use. I've mentioned possibly PC'ing it to other, possibly better products and they just shrug it off as they are comfortable with it as is. 

Message 17 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am going to reapply for a credit limit increase in a month or 2 and let the last denial cool off 

Message 18 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's different for everyone. No rhyme or reason. I do think they like to see a lot of usage of the card and making multiple payments monthly. I know several people who started out with $300 lines and were increased to $2500 to $3000 after 5-6 months. I was upgraded from the platinum to the regular quick silver after only 3 months. Which has $1000-10000 credit line. Just keep trying and if you don't get the increase go for another card w/them
Message 19 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone had posted a link to see if one can upgrade cards, I followed the link and said I was able to upgrade to Venture One and all terms are the same as is the credit limit of $4500???? I took it anyways 

Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.