Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one platinum secured.....no more

tag
Grizzly1
Contributor

Capital one platinum secured.....no more

Logged onto the app to check the progress of my car loan yesterday and noticed a -$500 balance on my platinum card. Forgetting that they still had my deposit since I've had the card since 2018, called them asking why the credit and they told me that they graduated my card and refunded the $500 to my account. I was under the impression that they wern't graduating secured cards back then but I'm glad to be rid of all my secured cards now.

On a side note, I almost have my car loan payoff date down almost a year early now. I've been hammering out payments weekly so it's nice to see that date dropping.

8/2019: EQ 617, TU 578, EX 628
9/2021: EQ 684, TU 662, EX 671
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital one platinum secured.....no more

Nice that yours has graduated, with Cap-1 they keep going back and forth with allowing it to happen.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Grizzly1 wrote:

Logged onto the app to check the progress of my car loan yesterday and noticed a -$500 balance on my platinum card. Forgetting that they still had my deposit since I've had the card since 2018, called them asking why the credit and they told me that they graduated my card and refunded the $500 to my account. I was under the impression that they wern't graduating secured cards back then but I'm glad to be rid of all my secured cards now.

On a side note, I almost have my car loan payoff date down almost a year early now. I've been hammering out payments weekly so it's nice to see that date dropping.

Funny I have the same, -299 or something but I closed it(minus charge posted sometime after I closed it).

Will they refund the check or what, haven't received it, I heard it takes 2 billing cycles..

Message 3 of 4
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats! As noted above, they alternate between allowing/not allowing graduations. Guess you got in when they were doing them and just now qualified. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.