cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one upgrade link not working anymore?

tag
Superduper2014
Frequent Contributor

Capital one upgrade link not working anymore?

Hello guys, 

I have tried the link that is floating around here to get to the upgrade page for Capital One, but it just takes me to the main account dashboard. Also tried the incognito mode and different browsers 

Also tried doing this with my girl friend's account and same results. Just takes me to the main account dashboard. 

She has a Venture one card. Is it even worth it trying to chage this product to another one? She also has a Quicksilver one. 

Thing is that her Venture card is not growing at all and I remember she converted the original card, which was a secured card in the beginning of 2011 to the Venture, hoping that it will start growing if there was a product change, but nothing. Stays at same limit year after year and with CLI are requested they are denied. Scores for her are 740 fico so I don't get it. 

Thanks for any insight. 

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
NoHardLimits
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital one upgrade link not working anymore?

@Superduper2014 wrote:

Hello guys, 

I have tried the link that is floating around here to get to the upgrade page for Capital One, but it just takes me to the main account dashboard. Also tried the incognito mode and different browsers 

Also tried doing this with my girl friend's account and same results. Just takes me to the main account dashboard. 

She has a Venture one card. Is it even worth it trying to chage this product to another one? She also has a Quicksilver one. 

Thing is that her Venture card is not growing at all and I remember she converted the original card, which was a secured card in the beginning of 2011 to the Venture, hoping that it will start growing if there was a product change, but nothing. Stays at same limit year after year and with CLI are requested they are denied. Scores for her are 740 fico so I don't get it. 

Thanks for any insight. 

I just tried the link I had bookmarked, and it is behaving as you described.  It just asks me to log in and then redirects to my main account home page.  :-(

March 2024 Scorecard: Clean, Thick, Mature, New Revolver
FICO8:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
AAoA: 11 yrs | AoORA: 36 yrs | AoYRA: 11 mos | New Accounts: 0/6, 1/12, 2/24 | Util: 2% | DTI: 1%
Message 2 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Superduper2014 wrote:

Hello guys, 

Thanks for any insight. 

I noticed this earlier. I thought it was just me.  This is no good.  No good at all...

Message 3 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

The link has always done that if you don't have a PC offer. All I can suggest is check back in a month. Offers to PC come and go. 

Message 4 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The link has always done that if you don't have a PC offer. All I can suggest is check back in a month. Offers to PC come and go. 

It recently and for as long as I've used it would pop up a window that said the upgrade was no longer working, etc.  then you'd close out of it and it would take you back to your accounts.

Now it just takes you to your accounts.

Message 5 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It recently and for as long as I've used it would pop up a window that said the upgrade was no longer working, etc.  then you'd close out of it and it would take you back to your accounts.

Now it just takes you to your accounts.

It always used to just take me straight to my accounts when I didn't have an offer. 

Message 6 of 40
HappyGoLucky4U
New Contributor

When you log into Capital One and land on the dashboard, go ahead and click on one of your credit card account.  Once you are on a specific credit card account, go to your toolbar address and add /productupgrade after the = in the web address.  That took me to the upgrade page.

Message 7 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got to the upgrade screen manually. 

Log in, go to view the account you want to upgrade, add /productupgrade after the = on the address bar. 
D40D26E6-FEF7-4E25-9807-9CA1D2A4E94D.png

ETA: Was busy taking and shrinking screenshot and got ninja'd by @HappyGoLucky4U 

Message 8 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HappyGoLucky4U wrote:

When you log into Capital One and land on the dashboard, go ahead and click on one of your credit card account.  Once you are on a specific credit card account, go to your toolbar address and add /productupgrade after the = in the web address.  That took me to the upgrade page.

That's great information, thanks for sharing!

Message 9 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got to the upgrade screen manually. 

Log in, go to view the account you want to upgrade, add /productupgrade after the = on the address bar. 
D40D26E6-FEF7-4E25-9807-9CA1D2A4E94D.png

ETA: Was busy taking and shrinking screenshot and got ninja'd by @HappyGoLucky4U 

Thanks for providing an example of what it looks like, though.  I'm not eligible yet as my Cap One Platinum is just now hitting its 3rd full statement here in a few days but I will be sure to try this once the statement post and its been over 90 days.  I'm hoping for this to open up for me soon as I don't have a daily driver yet and am aiming for the Platinum -> Quicksilver to be that until I can get a 2% cashback card down the road.

Message 10 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.