Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapitalOne Walmart CLI issues

tag
totallymytravis
New Contributor

CapitalOne Walmart CLI issues

So I've had this Walmart rewards card since March and have always PIF never carried a balance. I ha e two other capital one cards in good standing both with about 30% utilization and $3500 credit lines. My Walmart card has a small $500 limit which literally makes it hard to accumulate rewards. I do all my grocery shopping there a pick up order each week around $200 dollars for a family of 4. The issue is I pay the card every 2 weeks so I don't run up the limit but still if the payment is processing for example week 3 I'm getting orders denied due to not enough credit. I'll pay using the debit card option in a bind and sometimes that doesn't work if pending payments outstrip the current balance amount! I've requested numerous CLIs to no avail. Using the online tool. Has anyone had success with calling? When I did they said they can't do anything the online request can't do - it's the same response. This $500 limit is insane! It's my lowest limit CC.

FYI my credit file is pretty solid not stellar but decent - 680 across all 3 - overall less than 30% UTL. CH7 BK discharged 4 years ago.  

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
RootDet
Established Contributor

Re: CapitalOne Walmart CLI issues

You need 6 months before your eligible for cli. My count says you are short. 

Message 2 of 22
BetterMoves
Regular Contributor

I agree with RootDet.

Do you receive letters with the specific reasons for the denials? 

Wells Fargo Active Cash
Discover it Chrome
Amazon Prime Store (Synchrony)
Walmart Store Card (Capital One)
Citi Costco Anywhere
American Express Blue Cash Preferred
American Express Hilton Honors Surpass
American Express Gold
Message 3 of 22
MI-Aviator
Established Member

I've had it since October with the same CL and same issue. Literally only use it at Walmart. I tried at the 6 month mark to no avail. I've got 2 collections being deleted this month. I'm going to try after those are removed and see if there's any luck. I'll update on here regardless the outcome.

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may need to make weekly payments. Then it would be a matter of waiting and improving other elements of your profile.

You're not even at 5 months, so it's not entirely surprising. I'd reduce the balances on the other accounts. 30% utilization isn't bad if it's paid down significantly or in full. 30% and small payments would make any bank less likely to approve a CLI. Put yourself in their shoes, "they're not paying off the other cards so why would we risk more on this one."
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everyone has been hard pressed to get any cli ln this card from capital one a few of us have gotten the wonderful "100$" increase out of them, I believe they are treating it like a bucketed card IMO I gave up on it

Message 6 of 22
FidensPR
Established Member

I had this card with Sync since January 2019, $200 limit. At that moment my scores were mid 600s. When Cap 1 acquired this card on October 2019 if I remember correctly, they gave me a CLI to $680. I requested a CLI on April 2020, it was denied with the following reasons:

-There has recently been a change to the credit line on this account.

-Recent use of this this account's existing credit limit line has been to low.

-A credit limit increase is currently not available upon request Capital one is evaluating account activity at assigned credit limit.

Current spending on this card has been low, so I've not requested another CLI. 

Current scores are: TU-735, EX-747, EQ-724

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have this card, got it Nov 2019 with a whopping $300 limit used it alot, mainly for Doordash and the weekly Walmart runs. Asked for a CLI in July 2020 was given a $100 increase. Cap1 likes too see alot of spend on there cards and in my experience carry a balance as well. I always pay my Cap1 cards in full every month. I don't think they like that. My wife started with $500 dollars has worse credit then me and got too $3500, while carrying balances unlike me. Hope that helps I don't reccomend carrying  balances though.

Message 8 of 22
polian
New Contributor

I opened mine in Sept 19 with a $300SL. Lots of spend (and lots of rewards earned) but it was too frustrating to manage properly. Felt like I was playing with fire: I didn't want to risk the embarassment of a checkout decline. They should easily see that it is insufficient when you have multiple intra-cycle full credit line payoffs.

Tried several times for CLI, always denied. Cashed out the rewards and I closed it a few weeks ago with much enthusiasm. Felt good. The 5% scheme was due to end for me shortly anyway. This was my last CapOne product.

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same^^^^ closed.mine also dont anticipate ever getting any more cap ones myself as theres nothing in the portfolio I want except the savor but with no prequal and triple pulls not even gonna bother

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.