Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card lust list!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Card lust list!

What's on your card lust list? 

Im hinking AMEX PRG might be next years app. Depending on my BoA secured card graduating, I don't know which card of theirs I would want? 

Message 1 of 63
62 REPLIES 62
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Card lust list!

I just got the PRG, and it makes me feel cool. I doubt I'll spend enough to offset the annual fee, so my plan is basically to use this for the free year, then transfer my points to the ED card. Maybe pick up a BCE along the way as well. 

Message 2 of 63
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

I just got the PRG, and it makes me feel cool. I doubt I'll spend enough to offset the annual fee, so my plan is basically to use this for the free year, then transfer my points to the ED card. Maybe pick up a BCE along the way as well. 

BCE for backdating purposes ? I am curious why you would want BCE since there are better cards out there to cover gas and groceries?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What's on your card lust list? 

Im hinking AMEX PRG might be next years app. Depending on my BoA secured card graduating, I don't know which card of theirs I would want? 

Edit: Took out the Arrival WMC and replaced with JetBlue. Its the only airline I fly! Smiley Very Happy Didnt know there was a card.

American Express JetBue, Discover It Chrome, American Express Blue Cash Everyday, Capital One BuyPower WEMC, Citibank ThankYou Preferred Visa, Chase Sapphire Visa

I love JetBlue so I can tolerate the AF for one card out of the bunch Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 63
hahayepyep
Regular Contributor

I've vowed to be app-free until 2015, BUT when I'm in a place to app again I might like to have a BCP.  If I keep traveling as much as I do for work I'll probably try to upgrade my Delta card to Platinum for the MQM bonuses.

It's probably not worth the AF, but I'd say my "lust" card is an AMEX Platinum.

My credit repair journey started in December 2013 with an EX of 568.
Oct 2014: 715EQ (myFICO)

Message 5 of 63
TheClub
Frequent Contributor

I have my eyes on the AMEX Everyday, PenFed (Chip and Pin) and maybe the Barclays Arrival Plus.  Other than that I have (or had) every card I wanted. Smiley Happy

"When you're fresh meat you kill... and give them something fresher" (Frank Underwood)
Message 6 of 63
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

BCE for backdating purposes ? I am curious why you would want BCE since there are better cards out there to cover gas and groceries?

Yeah but those cards have Caps for Gas while the BCE isn't... Amex CS is one of the best and the perks alone might be a better deal then getting 2% CB with the SM ...

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 7 of 63
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Yeah but those cards have Caps for Gas while the BCE isn't... Amex CS is one of the best and the perks alone might be a better deal then getting 2% CB with the SM ...

I get 3% cash back on exxonmobil stations with my upromise card, which is most of the stuff here anyways. 

Message 8 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

Total Rewards Visa and maybe a good travel rewards card, haven't decided which one yet.  

Message 9 of 63
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

I get 3% cash back on exxonmobil stations with my upromise card, which is most of the stuff here anyways. 

Once again Amex > Visa or MC whatever it is depending on perks.  Amex perks I view as a lot better then Visa or MC and losing 1% on CB is no big deal 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 10 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.