Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards That Report Authorized Users

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cards That Report Authorized Users

@Anonymous wrote:

does anyone know whether barneys ny reports on authorized users?

is there somewhere i can look this up online?

I don't know the answer to that but the fastest way to find out is to call them and ask.  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800, 10/10-813
TU - 10/10-774
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 21 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pushto700 wrote:

@cdub69 wrote:

What cards actually report authorized users to the credit bureau?Citibank and Chase do not at least that's what they told me.

Orchard HSBC & Best Buy RewardsZone MC - Yes 

Kohls, & Macys/Bloomies - No.

I am an AU on my husband's Kohl's account, and it is reporting on my CR.

Message 22 of 41
diabla
Regular Contributor

Can someone answer if the Authorized User account is actually scored?  I know it seems like a common sense question but you never know, FICO might exclude it from scoring or something.

Also, BOA is said to report it, but does that count for secured cards also?

Message 23 of 41
HiHiHiHiHiHi
New Contributor

My husband's Capital One and Citi reports on my credit report. But my Chase doesn't report on his report.

Scores: EQ-798 EX-802 TU-786

CC: |Amex PRG - NPSL| |Citi Simplicity - 22.6K| |CapOne No Hassle Rewards - 20K| |Chase Freedom 17.5K| |CSP 15K| |Discover IT - 7.8K| |Discover More - 6.1K| |GE PC Richard - 4.5K| |Amex Delta Gold - 3.5K| |Citi Goodyear - 2.5K| |CapOne Kohls - 1.5K| |GAP - 1.5K| |Macy's Amex - 1K| |Ann Taylor - 0.5K| |NY&C - 0.5K|
Message 24 of 41
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

@diabla wrote:

Can someone answer if the Authorized User account is actually scored?  I know it seems like a common sense question but you never know, FICO might exclude it from scoring or something.

Also, BOA is said to report it, but does that count for secured cards also?

The TU fico score purchasable here does not include AU accounts. As far as I can tell, neither does the TU Vantage score available through credit karma (a few places actually use Vantage). The EQ fico sold here and used by USAA definitely includes in score, as does the EQ credit card enhanced FICO used by Discover. I have had months where the only change was to the balance of my AU card and it has definitely triggered score changes. It is also factored into my AAoA on Experian and EQ. I've never looked at an original TU report to confirm.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 25 of 41
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@cdub69 wrote:

What cards actually report authorized users to the credit bureau?Citibank and Chase do not at least that's what they told me.

My brother added me as an AU on his AMEX Blue and Citi Dividends World MC.

Amex reports from the month he added me this year, but Citi backdated and reports the card from 2004. Both have perfect history, high CL's, and low UTIL.

Amex requested info like ssn, etc. but Citi just requested name and address.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 26 of 41
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

This is a zombie thread. That being said... my husband was added as au to my 13 yr old discover card and it most definatley gave him a 30 point boost.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 27 of 41
diabla
Regular Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
This is a zombie thread. That being said... my husband was added as au to my 13 yr old discover card and it most definatley gave him a 30 point boost.

Sorry, my fault for bringing it back alive!  I was searching for threads about AUs to see if it actually figured into your score and not just reported, and found this, so I added to it, lol.

Message 28 of 41
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

No problem... keep in mind there is nothing shameful about starting a new thread. Some of the information from 2010 has changed greatly!

If you start a new thread you'll also be helping others who may have had the same question or wondered the same thing; but never thought to actually ask.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 29 of 41
futurepharmd1984

I just got Chase Freedom last week

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

@cdub69 wrote:

Chase does report AUs.  I know this firsthand.

Wells Fargo also reports AUs, and even makes a point of stating this in mailings I've received from them:

"Information on authorized users

• Please note that we report authorized users on our customers' credit card accounts to the major credit bureaus
  • Any authorized user on your account will now be reported as a user, but not as an individual responsible for paying the balance"

Hope this helps!  Smiley Happy

, added my husband, they dont report AU, they also didnt ask for Social at time, same with Chase Slate, they dont report AU, didnt ask for social.  I can tell you American Express Delta Airlines definetly does and ask for SSN of AU at time of sign up

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.