Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CareCredit MasterCard Upgrade

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CareCredit MasterCard Upgrade

Thanks for the info.  I got the upgrade letter as well and I am in Mass.  I have had this card about 5 years or so if that helps.  FICO 08 scores below.

Message 21 of 28
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats want the MC version as mise well be earning rewards as well, but who knows if they even offer it in my state and if/when I will ever be targeted god knows i ran some cash through it recently lol Smiley Happy.

Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats myrwyn and uncleB on your upgrades!

Sunrise, you mentioned the account was backdated? I'm curious how this is going to report. I imagine they can't open a new account if my reports are all frozen.
Message 23 of 28
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sunrise, you mentioned the account was backdated? I'm curious how this is going to report. I imagine they can't open a new account if my reports are all frozen.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

You can definitely have new accounts opened if your reports are frozen, you just can't get any new HPs.  Smiley Wink

Also, unless I'm mistaken the backdate @SunriseEarth was speaking of was back to when the upgrade offer was first received, not the original opening date of the account that was replaced.

Message 24 of 28
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! Smiley Happy

You can definitely have new accounts opened if your reports are frozen, you just can't get any new HPs.  Smiley Wink

Also, unless I'm mistaken the backdate @SunriseEarth was speaking of was back to when the upgrade offer was first received, not the original opening date of the account that was replaced.

That is correct.   So if you receive an offer in November but don't accept it until January, the opening date is reported as November.   Unfortunately, they don't transfer the history of their private-label lines to the bankcard lines.   Sync is peculiar in that regards.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 25 of 28
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Just to close the loop, my new CareCredit MasterCard is now reporting to all bureaus.  Just like @SunriseEarth reported, the new account is reporting as opened in May 2018, so I got a "backdate" to when the offer was made as well (which in my case was only a month).

Message 26 of 28
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Woo hoo UB, nice backdateSmiley Wink Make Amex jellySmiley Happy
Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got my new CareCredit card a few month ago. Didn't look at the paperwork that came with it (my bad). Thought it was a tipical replacement card. This month my wife needed some medical care. Wanted to charge it on CC. Needed a limit increase. Was refused. Called customer non-service. Answer we can't tell you why for security reasons, you will get a letter in the mail. Got the letter, the excuse for not increasing my limit "Insufficient experience at your current credit line". Translation from custoner non-service, "you haven't had your card long enough."  I has my CareCreDit card for over two years. Have a FICA score above 800 so the non-increase is a Synchrony Bank restiction.

In otherwords get your credit limit increas request in before you change to the MasterCard.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.