Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to HSBC when making payments

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Changes to HSBC when making payments

I just got done paying DW's HSBC to get the balance reporting to $0 by month's end. I noticed they changed things around due to the new law and eliminated their "rush payment" option. However, instead of having to pay by 4pm on the business day prior to the due date, you can now pay by 8pm on the day it is due and the payment will be credited that day.

I wonder if these changes will impact the way it reports.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
morganirish
Regular Contributor

Re: Changes to HSBC when making payments

I noticed a change to Cap One's on line payment schedule.  It used to say that if you paid before 3pm it would be posted same day by midnight, now it is saying before 5pm-same day by midnight.  There is also a box that states funds available the day after payment posts by 8am. 
Message 2 of 9
laz98
Senior Contributor

neat!  sounds like good changes.
Message 3 of 9
moonman
Frequent Contributor

I just recieved this email from household bank

You asked...            
Woman on her computer excited about online bill pay.     we listened.

Now make online payments to your Household Bank Credit Card on weekends and holidays at no cost, plus no same day payment fees when you use Online Bill Pay!
Pay My Bill Online Now make same day payments until 8pm ET Schedule payments in advance Check your payment history
Message 4 of 9
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

It's probably not that we asked and they listened,  but rather that Congress forced them to.

I got that e-mail, too.  I noticed that the alternate text for that image is "Woman on her computer excited about online bill pay."

Does anyone else see the worried looking man with woman in the background looking on?  I wonder if the subtext is, "Man worried that his wife is going to find out what he's really been spending his money on."

We should have a contest to make up amusing captions for the images we see when logging on to various sites.

Not applicable

+1 Orchard Bank (HSBC) has no option for rush payment. SWEET

Message 6 of 9
woozy
Contributor

Maxed out, can't afford a Wii Fit, so she watches Richard Simmons .

Woman on her computer excited about online bill pay.     
Message 7 of 9
john398
Senior Contributor

Does anyone know if the credit act still allows them to hold payments for more than a couple of days, I know I planned to use my reward card originally as a opay in full card but when I made a large $500 payment one time they did not allow me to use that amout for 10 days.

Now small payeemts like less than a $100 I never had aproblem, just wondering if this is still an issue, thanks

Message Edited by john398 on 02-27-2010 10:37 AM
Message 8 of 9
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Hangover

"What a hangover.  I hope she doesn't log in and find out where I really was last night!"