cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from Barclay Apple Rewards to???

tag
Clockworkz
New Contributor

Changing from Barclay Apple Rewards to???

I was wondering how “easy” it is to change a card with Barclay to a different card? The apple rewards card is nice but I think I could use a card with more features on it.

I was looking at the Uber card. As I plan on going on a trip later this year and it seems better for my use.

Starting Score: 588
Current Score: 672
Goal Score: 750

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Changing from Barclay Apple Rewards to???

Sorry but not going to happen. You can't go from an Apple card to an Uber or any other cobranded card.

The only thing I have heard of an Apple card being converted to is a generic Barclay rewards card. Even that I have not heard of anytime recently, but if anything would be likely be your only option.

Message 2 of 5
Clockworkz
New Contributor

Well dang, thanks for the reply. I assume they allow you to have multiple cards then?

Starting Score: 588
Current Score: 672
Goal Score: 750

Message 3 of 5
krmurrayjr10
Regular Contributor

Yes, you can have multiple cards with Barclay, as long as you take it slow and use the card(s) you do have.

If you want a different Barclay card, apply for the one you want, and once you’re approved, call in and ask them to move the credit line from the old card to the new one and close the old one.

The old card will have to be open for 12 months before you can do this, applications for new cards should be at least 6 months apart, and you have to be using your existing cards to get approved for a new one.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1. I just did it recently. I had Apple rewards card for 12 months and decided to apply for Uber Visa. Got approved and simply moved $500 into my new Uber Card.
You should be approved without any problems
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.