Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase 5/24/48

tag
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Chase 5/24/48

Hey guys, if I got the Chase Reserve in 2016, but now I'm going to start traveling soon and want to upgrade to the Reserve which I have the Unlimited and Freedom, I added my mom as an AU to the unlimited but if I upgrade to the reserve then I will get hit with the AU fee. So, wanted to know that the Chase law has change as far as the bonus is concerned but does it take into affect for applying for another Chase credit card? Its 5/48 as of now right? I think I'm going to keep the Reserve for life cause I value the $300 at face value and the roadside assistance at AAA - basic, so pretty much it would technically cost me $70.

What I was thinking is, should I refer my my dad and have AU for my mom so they could go to Costco instead of being on my account and that way I could get the $100 referral and they could send me their UR points lol?

Or should I just wait in a couple of years and just apply for another Chase credit card?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase 5/24/48

You lost me somewhere in there, but let me see if I can address this... You can upgrade CF and CFU to CSR as long as they have been opened for at least a year, you have no other Sapphire products, and the credit line is at least $10,000, with no other restrictions.  If you upgrade a card to the Reserve, you would be hit with the AU fee unloess you remove all AUs from the account.  Chase doesn't make laws, but their rules do allow for new applications for CSP/CSR without a bonus as long as you don't already have a Sapphire product and otherwise meet eligibility requirements (creditworthiness and under 5/24 unless getting it through a green check mark offer).  I'm not sure where 5/48 came from, their 5/24 policy has not changed, but has been expanding to additional cards.  You are only eligible to receive a SUB for a Sapphire product every 48 months.

As long as your father meets the eligibility requirements for the card, yes you could refer him for any card that you currently have.  That would be quite generous of them to give you their UR points, which they can do as long as you have shared an address for at least the past 30 days.

Message 2 of 4
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

This post scared me

On New Years Day, in less then three weeks, I will finally be 4/24.

I would have been pizzed if I had to wait another 2 full years

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 4
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Thank you K, for the clarification! That makes sense for the 5/24 and the 48 months is for SUB only, okay. I would have to see what I could do with this.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.