Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase 5/24

tag
ReEducationOfAnEgoiste
New Contributor

Chase 5/24

Hi everyone,

I'm kinda new here, so I have a maybe silly question. Do anyone know if store cards, like the Comenity cards affect Chase 5/24? I am not at the 5/24 limits yet but I'm curious.
Thanks for in any information, and or help on this.

Starting Score: 525
Current Score:EX 685 TU 680 EQ 735
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase 5/24

It didn't me a year ago, but others have stated they were turned down.

Message 2 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@ReEducationOfAnEgoiste wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm kinda new here, so I have a maybe silly question. Do anyone know if store cards, like the Comenity cards affect Chase 5/24? I am not at the 5/24 limits yet but I'm curious.
Thanks for in any information, and or help on this.

All revolving credit counts, if obtained in the past 24 months. Installment loans do not. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have read that Chase only concerns itself with bank credit cards, not retail, as pertains to 5/24. I have no fisrthand knowledge of this, only what I've read (but I've seen it written many times).

Some, myself included, have had success getting approved when over 5/24 by checking in-branch for pre-approvals. 

Message 4 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

While in a variety of situations it can be a YEMV outcome, most DPs (DoC, Reddit, etc.) indicate that they'll count.

For your specific scenario OP, only way to know for sure is when you apply.

Have you tried the pre-qualification tool online or are you a current Chase customer?
Message 5 of 8
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have read that Chase only concerns itself with bank credit cards, not retail, as pertains to 5/24. I have no fisrthand knowledge of this, only what I've read (but I've seen it written many times).

If it's listed on your credit report in the last two years - open or closed - it'll count towards 5/24. Having said that if you talk to an account manager on a good day they can say "whatever" to that and approve you regardless. It's been known to happen every once in a blue moon particularly with AU accounts as well.

Message 6 of 8
ReEducationOfAnEgoiste
New Contributor

I'm a Chase banking customer for over 5 years now but not a CC holder. Not ready to try for a Chase card yet but curious, and I have not crossed 5/24 as of yet. Need to let my credit marinate for a little while, get my score up a bit.

Starting Score: 525
Current Score:EX 685 TU 680 EQ 735
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

My suggestion would be to leave any available slots open for Chase in the event that any of their CCs are of interest to you at some point. So, don't add any potential tradelines that place your profile under that restriction if you can.

When you are ready, check to see if you have any pre-qualified offers online (green checkmark) or visit a branch nearby and talk to a banker to determine whether you have any pre-qualified offers.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.