Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Analyst Recommended Myfico

tag
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Analyst Recommended Myfico

Yeah, but in 6 months all my new accounts from this years app spree will be over a year old.  Anyways I might have to wait a year if i have to, but if i dont get a cli within a year then the card will be  SD'd because i cant really do anything with a 500 cl.  Reminds me of my orchard card i got when i first started many years ago lol.

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 14
RonDawg
Contributor

@Chaos122 wrote:

Yeah, but in 6 months all my new accounts from this years app spree will be over a year old.  Anyways I might have to wait a year if i have to, but if i dont get a cli within a year then the card will be  SD'd because i cant really do anything with a 500 cl.  Reminds me of my orchard card i got when i first started many years ago lol.

sounds like it is time to enter the garden.  You know I was checking some of the Chase cards out. Sapphire preferred and I opted to wait till March I will have 5 inquires age over a year in March.  Besides my available credit is way over 70k why on earth do I need another credit card.   I need another like I need another hole in my head. Anyways best of luck keeping yourself app free!

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 12 of 14
p-
Valued Contributor

@Chaos122 wrote:

I was also recently approved for chase for 500 after a recon, lol.  I had to recon for 500, My other credit lines range from 3k-20k and chase gave me 500.

They said i had too many new accounts so the only way they could approve me is with the min limit, The analyst then went on to explain to me how apping for too many new cards can hurt your credit.  The analyst also was concerned that i wasnt using the cards as most of my balances were 0, and i had to explain that i pay in full every month. ( i thought they can see recent activity)

Anyway the analyst was very nice and ended up telling me to come to myfico to learn how to improve my credit and not app for more cards than i need, hahaha.  I almost didnt accept the card because of the cl, but i figured i would get it now with my other new accounts and let them age together (hoping for a cli in 6 months)

I had a great experience with Chase's backdoor recon credit analysts.  I applied too soon for Sapphire Preferred, and called them after a denial for a recon.  Although they didn't approve me, the rep actually went over my report with me line by line, and explained exactly what was holding me back from approval on a manual review, and what I didn't need to worry about.  It was like getting a cheat sheet for the next quiz.  When I hit them up later for a recon on a CLI, that knowledge came in handy.

I'm not suprised they sent you here; I bet the people here have a way higher chance of paying as agreed, just for the simple fact that we all know now how important it is.

Message 13 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I wonder if chase reps read the forums here........Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.