Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Bank Portfolio Department

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Bank Portfolio Department

Applied Black friday For Chase Sapphire Preferred.$10,000 Limit card was mailed. I recieved the card today set it up online and its says account closed !!!!!! I called them and they said I have to speak to the Portfolio Departments. Does anyone know who these people are and why would they close my account already and not freeze it.

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Bank Portfolio Department

Sorry to hear about this.  You can search the forums for similar experiences.  Chase reviews all new accounts internally even after you're approved.  They will continue to soft pull your CRA (I think it's usually EX) after approval, and they seem to be pulling 2 CRAs now for each new request.  Your current credit history - # of inquiries, any derogatories, current CL, current utilization, # of new accounts in the calendar year, etc. - is what Chase will tell you ultimately made the decision. If they don't like something, they get spooked.  As you set up an online account, I presume you don't have a pre-existing relationship with Chase, which makes it more of an uphill battle. 

Message 2 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to hear about this.  You can search the forums for similar experiences.  Chase reviews all new accounts internally even after you're approved.  They will continue to soft pull your CRA (I think it's usually EX) after approval, and they seem to be pulling 2 CRAs now for each new request.  Your current credit history - # of inquiries, any derogatories, current CL, current utilization, # of new accounts in the calendar year, etc. - is what Chase will tell you ultimately made the decision. If they don't like something, they get spooked.  As you set up an online account, I presume you don't have a pre-existing relationship with Chase, which makes it more of an uphill battle. 

Thanks I've tried to search for this maybe im not looking in the right area, Is no i dont have a relationship with chase this is my first card with them and im trying to keep it. I guess I will have to do some recon to try to keep this card the Rep said call the number on mondy to speak with someone. Have you heard or read of anyone winning in this situation?

Message 3 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks I've tried to search for this maybe im not looking in the right area, Is no i dont have a relationship with chase this is my first card with them and im trying to keep it. I guess I will have to do some recon to try to keep this card the Rep said call the number on mondy to speak with someone. Have you heard or read of anyone winning in this situation?

Give them a call and see what they say.  I cannot say I've heard of anyone that has successfully recon-ed something like this.  Good luck!

Message 4 of 41
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

what is the phone # you were given to call?  how many other cards have you gotten in the past 6 months, what is the total exposure you have with all cards and what is your total util on all cards? 

Message 5 of 41
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

As Banquier noted, something must have spooked them after the approval, so can you answer these questions:

1. How many inquiries in the last 12 months across all three CRs?

2. Do you have a BK showing that they may have missed on one of your reports?

3. Do you have a high UT +29%, either across the board or even on one credit card?

4. Did a collection or 30-day late just pop up on any CR?

All of these things have to be taken into the equation. If the answer to all of these is no, then unfortunately, you have to wait until Monday. Hopefully, it's just a verification question.

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 6 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgogne wrote:

what is the phone # you were given to call?  how many other cards have you gotten in the past 6 months, what is the total exposure you have with all cards and what is your total util on all cards? 

Phone # 877-763-3440

Since the Chase Approval 3 new Inq's with 3 new cards. util is at 1% across the board credit score went down 60 point cause of new cards. Avg age 5 years 11 months. Trans 664 from 710 EQ 590 from 665, There a Fraud account which ive notified EQ about before I applied for chase card only shows on EQ.

Cap One $1,000 New Account

Kohls $800 New Account

First P $500 New Account

Dicso $15K (AU) 23 years Old 

Message 7 of 41
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

Phone # 877-763-3440

Since the Chase Approval 3 new Inq's with 3 new cards. util is at 1% across the board credit score went down 60 point cause of new cards. Avg age 5 years 11 months. Trans 664 from 710 EQ 590 from 665, There a Fraud account which ive notified EQ about before I applied for chase card only shows on EQ.

Kohls $800 New Account

First P $500 New Account

sorry, you got 3 of the above cards post a $10K chase card?  bad move, I think you can kiss your chase card goodbye.  of course I hope I am wrong.  on a side note, why on earth would you bother with junk after getting a premium card like chase?  just curious of how the mind works.  good luck

Message 8 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

As Banquier noted, something must have spooked them after the approval, so can you answer these questions:

1. How many inquiries in the last 12 months across all three CRs?

2. Do you have a BK showing that they may have missed on one of your reports?

3. Do you have a high UT +29%, either across the board or even on one credit card?

All of these things have to be taken into the equation. If the answer to all of these is no, then unfortunately, you have to wait until Monday. Hopefully, it's just a verification question.

GL2U

1. How many inquiries in the last 12 months across all three CRs?                                             (5)

2. Do you have a BK showing that they may have missed on one of your reports?                   (NO)

3. Do you have a high UT +29%, either across the board or even on one credit card?              (NO)

(Yes On EQ was there at the time I applied from 1 Year its a fraud account some rental place which on EQ was there at time of application which before i applied i called EQ and made them aware.)

Message 9 of 41
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

Phone # 877-763-3440

Kohls $800 New Account

First P $500 New Account

OH MY -- 3 new inqs and credit cards!!! I think that may be why they rescinded the offer. Unfortunately, whether true or not, CCCs view this as desperation for credit.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.