Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CC WRT Chase checking

tag
cmthomas06
Regular Contributor

Chase CC WRT Chase checking

I was wondering what kind of relation there would be to receiving higher CL with Chase and using them as my primary bank. I currently have 2 separate checking accounts, each at a separate bank. My primary checking is used strictly for bills and my paychecks are direct deposited to that account. My other checking is with Chase and is only used for spending money. The primary account obviously has a lot more money in it and there are 2 savings accounts linked to it. Would it be wise to just do all of this at Chase so they can see my actual cash flow and not just what I am budgeting? If I were to do this, would they be more likely to increase my CL? 

Thanks in advance 

Ex 752 (Amex) Tu 758 (Walmart) Eq 703
Goal: 750+ on all
Current Cards: Cap1 Cash Back; Chase Freedom; Chase Amazon; Citi Thank You; Citi Forward; Discover iT; Amex Zync; GE WalMart; BoA 3-2-1
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase CC WRT Chase checking

It certainly can't hurt, and it will probably help; however, by how much is frankly unknown.

Both Chase and pretty much every other lender (even C1 from rumors, and definitely BOFA) are trying to raise their customer stickiness.  These days it's trivially easy to maintain checking accounts virtually anywhere (direct deposit and online access), and with the rise of accessible CU's competing for their traditional clients, I suspect the larger banks, including JPM Chase, are re-evaluating their policies moreso than in the past.

I have seen several moderately "ridiculous" (by forum standards) approvals on various credit cards from Chase in particular with folks who have them as their primary bank; and certainly I've received more from BOFA than many folks have and I've solo banked with them for 15 years until recently.

Whether that translates to a higher CL on a Chase card, I honestly don't know; however, an active depository account is never a bad thing to have on file with a lender that you want to grow with you.  That wasn't the primary reason I chose Chase recently for most of my banking needs, but it was certainly a fairly substantial one instead of simply doing all my business through USAA.   

        
Message 2 of 4
cmthomas06
Regular Contributor

thanks for the response, Revelate. Ive been with them since I was 17 (4yrs) but the people that work at my local branch are incredibly rude and inconsiderate - only reason I do my primary banking elsewhere. Maybe Ill try it for a year or so and see what happens 

Ex 752 (Amex) Tu 758 (Walmart) Eq 703
Goal: 750+ on all
Current Cards: Cap1 Cash Back; Chase Freedom; Chase Amazon; Citi Thank You; Citi Forward; Discover iT; Amex Zync; GE WalMart; BoA 3-2-1
Message 3 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@cmthomas06 wrote:

thanks for the response, Revelate. Ive been with them since I was 17 (4yrs) but the people that work at my local branch are incredibly rude and inconsiderate - only reason I do my primary banking elsewhere. Maybe Ill try it for a year or so and see what happens 

Yeah, that happens sometimes sadly pretty much everywhere in life I think.

I've had the exact opposite experience at a local Chase branch here; granted, I walked in looking sharp to open my account, and I had an interesting employer (the dude who took my application is a professional football fan) but there's been a personal touch there which I just never got with BOFA.  Even when I walked in frankly looking like I had been dragged through the mud after a round of refereeing in the rain, they remembered me and were all smiles.

Could be the fresh meat smell, or maybe that I have a non-zero chance of being one of their private clients someday (it is a private client enabled branch that I go to) but I have to admit to appreciating it.

        
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.