Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CSRs are like robots

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase CSRs are like robots

I had my freedom for about 2 years and CSP for 3 month. When I call freedom CS, the CSRs are OK, friendly and patient enough. But just feel like they are robots, reading from their screen. Before I got my CSP, Ive already heard that their CS is unbeatable from many threads. I just made my first call to CSP CS today, it was picked up by a person directly, BUT, I still feel they are robots. Anyone has the same feeling?

I have Chase, BOA, Discover, Amex, Barclay, and PNC credit cards. Personally, I would rank their CS as Discover=Amex (both great, resolve disputes in 10 mins)>Barclay>Chase(freedom=CSP except you dont need to go thur some punching)>PNC(worst, on hold for 45mins until someone picked up). 

What's your favoriate and most dislike CS?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Chase CSRs are like robots

I find Capital One to have the most robotic CSRs ever, and they seem to take great pleasure in saying "no". They don't even seem to try with issues. It's usually just no, no no, goodbye.

On the flip side, Discover has always been excellent. Amex is somewhat middle of the road in my experience. Not terribly helpful but not as bad as Capital One.

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think their CSRs have been great so far

Message 3 of 18
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

Capital One CSR's are just a waste of resources, time and money. 

They have no power to do anything. EO is where it is at but it shouldnt be. You shouldnt have to go through them just to get something done.

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 4 of 18
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

It would be nice if everything was done on a case by case basis, but Chase is an enormous company that has to maintain some level of consistency. Their Credit Analysts seem to have a fairly long leash in their ability to override a computer decision.

I tend to think of Comenity as the worst. Unless you're holding the magic piece of denial paper, they won't talk. Even with the letter they just regurgitate the information on it ad-nauseum.
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely not Amex - first call the rep seemed really bored and not interested in helping me at all. Which is kind of silly bc all I wanted to know was my APR, seemed like a simple request to me. Second call the connection was horrible, accent was really thick and I could barely understand the person which I would have been ok with except he was a bit rude on top of it. Although I have found that the CS via chat is pretty fantastic! Talked to them three times that way so far

Chase - Only called once to move limits around when I first got my cards, it was pleasant and took all of 1 minute. After that I only used secure messages which have been awesome with the fastest responses. If I dont have to pick up a phone then I prefer not to do so.

Barclay - Havent had much reason to contact CS yet. When I called to activate the representative was nice but not Discover nice Smiley Tongue

Discover - AWESOME SAUCE! idk if they inject the employees with happy juice or what but I dont mind calling them bc every time its like the best customer service experience ever.

My order is Discover - Chase - American Express (chat only) - Barclay

***Capital One would be last on the list had I kept that card. EO CS is really nice, regular CS was pretty bad. Id like the first person that responds to an message or picks up the phone to actually be able to help with simple requests instead of reading/typing off a script.***

Message 6 of 18
chwebb1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had my freedom for about 2 years and CSP for 3 month. When I call freedom CS, the CSRs are OK, friendly and patient enough. But just feel like they are robots, reading from their screen. Before I got my CSP, Ive already heard that their CS is unbeatable from many threads. I just made my first call to CSP CS today, it was picked up by a person directly, BUT, I still feel they are robots. Anyone has the same feeling?

I have Chase, BOA, Discover, Amex, Barclay, and PNC credit cards. Personally, I would rank their CS as Discover=Amex (both great, resolve disputes in 10 mins)>Barclay>Chase(freedom=CSP except you dont need to go thur some punching)>PNC(worst, on hold for 45mins until someone picked up). 

What's your favoriate and most dislike CS?

For me, AMEX and Discover are roughly equivalent, with a slight edge to Discover. I love their CSRs.

Barclaycard Ring isn't too far behind Discover or AMEX.

BoA isn't too far behind Barclaycard Ring (if you are part of Preferred Rewards)

Barclaycard Sallie Mae are not anywhere near as good as the Ring. I've only called a few times, but I've been unimpressed every time I call. I believe they have a different team handle these calls from the Ring.

Citi is way behind the pack in my opinion. I think I like them even less than the Sallie Mae CSRs.

I had a Chase Freedom a while back, and I was also very unimpressed with their CSRs, but not as unimpressed as I am with Citi's.

So for me, it's probably: Discover > Amex > Barclaycard Ring > BoA > Barclaycard Sallie Mae > Chase > Citi

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

I find Capital One to have the most robotic CSRs ever, and they seem to take great pleasure in saying "no". They don't even seem to try with issues. It's usually just no, no no, goodbye.

On the flip side, Discover has always been excellent. Amex is somewhat middle of the road in my experience. Not terribly helpful but not as bad as Capital One.

I also feel Cap1 is horrible. Ive never had their CC, but I applied once. They put my application on pending and sent me a letter asking proof of income. I called in, a lady with heavy southeast asia accent picked up and asked what I need, I told her I receive a letter asking for proof of income. You know what she said? She said "You can take that letter as a denial." I cant believe what I heard. But I asked her how I can send my proof of income, like tax forms. She told me an address and ask me to mail it. I asked may I email or fax. She told me fax is fine. I then asked the number. Again, you know what she said? "Its on the website, you cant find it?" I just give up. I think cap1 really need to train their CSR and teach them what is respect. And, why cant you just hire some people in the states? Cap1 CSR is my nightmare!!!

Message 8 of 18
eddie84
Valued Contributor

I have Amex Plat and have called their CSR once. They were pretty nice and pleasant on the phone. Similar experience with Discover CSR.

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I think their CSRs have been great so far

Im not saying they are bad, just give people a robot-feel. I can imagine that they are just simply repeat what's on their screen without any emotion. If you have a discover card, try their CSR, they are full of passion, respect, patient, and knowledge 365/24/7

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.