Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Debit Cards: Tiered?

tag
CreditScoreBlueprint
New Contributor

Chase Debit Cards: Tiered?

Does anyone know if Chase gives different debit cards for their different checking accounts? Or if you get a different one for a higher initial deposit? Or for having a higher credit score?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Debit Cards: Tiered?

@CreditScoreBlueprint wrote:

Does anyone know if Chase gives different debit cards for their different checking accounts? Or if you get a different one for a higher initial deposit? Or for having a higher credit score?

I have a Chase debit card that says "premier platinum"  just below the words "DEBIT CARD."  Since that's the type checking account I have with Chase I'm guessing their other debit cards would have similar identifiers to match their checking type.

Debit card tier has nothing to do with credit score though and is just as much a hard sell at rent-a-cars as any other debit card. The cutest debit card I have is the Citi Gold Account  one. It's transparent gold in color. They are all better at getting cash out of ATMs but other than that are pretty inferior.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 2 of 6
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

i cant speak for chase but the only thing differnet at my banks is that they have a different customer service number for gold customers as opposed to green customers... 

debit cards all work the same and they can each have "limits" placed on them... 

i found it funny when a 1200 dollar charge was denied when my limit was 10k. and i had over 20k im my checking account at that point in time. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 3 of 6
bribro
Valued Contributor

@cashnocredit wrote:

I have a Chase debit card that says "premier platinum"  just below the words "DEBIT CARD."  Since that's the type checking account I have with Chase I'm guessing their other debit cards would have similar identifiers to match their checking type.

Debit card tier has nothing to do with credit score though and is just as much a hard sell at rent-a-cars as any other debit card. The cutest debit card I have is the Citi Gold Account  one. It's transparent gold in color. They are all better at getting cash out of ATMs but other than that are pretty inferior.

I was actually pretty upset when they sent me that orange/gold Citigold debit card. I miss the blue one. Smiley Sad

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 4 of 6
CreditScoreBlueprint
New Contributor

@cashnocredit wrote:

Is your "premier platinum" debit card blue like the standard card is?

Message 5 of 6
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@cashnocredit wrote:

Is your "premier platinum" debit card blue like the standard card is?

It's has some blue but mostly grey/silver.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.