cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Executive Office

jjnels
Frequent Contributor

Chase Executive Office

I'm fairly new to credit. have about 5 cards totaling 4k in limits. All reporting 0 balance but 1 with 7% (PIF at statement date). 3 statements have passed with this history on all. no lates, baddies, and <10inq. I applied about a week after i turned 18 for a Chase Amazon card and was declined. I called into the executive office and talked to a very nice woman who really understood my situation and resubmitted my app about 3 times to no avail from the underwriters. I told her I had just gotten these new cards and my plans and everything (I have done exactly what I said i would) and she practically begged me to reapply after 3-6 months and "really, really looked forward to having such a responsible young adult as a customer". She gave me her direct extension. Me and this woman were on a first name basis. I'm feeling a little itchy fingered and really want a high limit rewards card like the CSP (I plan to do a lot of international travel as a student). My real question is: If i apply for this card and get declined or 7-10 day, does this woman from the Executive Office have the authority to manually approve an app? or am i just dreaming here and she's just trying to make me feel better. I have 84k income, and about 25k in the bank (albeit not with chase). I also feel its worth noting I got a small student loan and signature loan just for diversity of credit types and have made 3 early payments for both, which are reporting. CK puts me at 735 even though I cant get a real FICO yet. So does Chase EO have this authority?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
ray8806
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Executive Office

Honestly, I doubt she has the authority to manually aprove it herself. But if you have someone that is cool with you at the Executive Office, that can't be a bad thing. And if she still resubmits your app many times because she wants to help, that also can't be bad. 

My question is, how are you so new to credit but you have a Citi ThankYou Preferred card? That's quite a feat! Plus you damn sure do make a lot for a "young adult".

EQ: 710(FICO) EX: 695(FICO) TU: 708(FICO)
Message 2 of 9
jjnels
Frequent Contributor

I'm good at getting what I want. Haha. I made a friend in the Citi EO as well. Smiley Happy got that card with zero history a week after I turned 18
Message 3 of 9
ray8806
Regular Contributor

Umm, we need to be friends....hehe

Message 4 of 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@ray8806 wrote:

Honestly, I doubt she has the authority to manually aprove it herself. But if you have someone that is cool with you at the Executive Office, that can't be a bad thing. And if she still resubmits your app many times because she wants to help, that also can't be bad. 

My question is, how are you so new to credit but you have a Citi ThankYou Preferred card? That's quite a feat! Plus you damn sure do make a lot for a "young adult".

Not to shoot down your confidence, but the thank you preferred card isn't exactly "hard to attain" 

I would wait until you have at least 6 months of history. And the CSP might be hard to attain without a limit at least close to 5k. Just keep checking the chase prequalified offers, they're pretty accurate. 

Message 5 of 9
ray8806
Regular Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@ray8806 wrote:

Not to shoot down your confidence, but the thank you preferred card isn't exactly "hard to attain" 

I would wait until you have at least 6 months of history. And the CSP might be hard to attain without a limit at least close to 5k. Just keep checking the chase prequalified offers, they're pretty accurate. 

Well then, wanna help me get it? lol jk

Message 6 of 9
jjnels
Frequent Contributor

I've heard that chase prequal is finicky details wise. I just moved a couple months ago so I don't know which address they would have (I've tried most every combination between name and address) but no such luck. I'll keep an eye out after the 6mo mark. Thanks
Message 7 of 9
jjnels
Frequent Contributor

Ray, if you want to pm me we can talk. I just got approved for cap1 quicksilverone cash rewards and play cards
Message 8 of 9
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Chase pre-qual website is pretty solid, like if you get a pre-approval its basically a guarantee. However your AAOA is a little low for chase, usually they like to see 6 mos - 1 yr. of AAOA.
NFCU Flagship: 15K
NFCU Amex: 7.5K
BOA Cash Rewards: 500
Affinity Plus CU Premier: 7.5k
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.