Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Double Recon Success! Was: Chase Freedom - Pending Review

tag
jbunton444
Valued Member

Re: Chase Freedom - Pending Review

Me too!  I checked online and it's still showing with my logon as $2,000.00 CL.

@09Lexie wrote:

@jbunton444 wrote:

@credit3xhausted wrote:

UGH!  So, I called again and spoke to the Verifications Department after been transfered twice.  I guess I am OCD Smiley Sad

To summarize my experience: for those applications that are not instantly approved - like us - a more complex approval process is in place to verify our identity.  A letter/form is been mailed. I need to fill out and return via fax.  The information I provide on the form (SS#, DOB, Name, Address) will then be entered into a system that is forwarded directly to the social security office to be verified.  It then takes 24-48 hours from when they receive my fax to complete the verification, NOT THE APPROVAL process.  Once verification is complete, then credit card processing picks at it some more and hopefully approves it!  In other words 2-3 weeks.  Hope this helps.

I really must have been lucky... 

Me too! After reading this post, I got nervous and double checked the app status- still says approved. Just waiting on Mr Postman!

Gardening since 6-28-2013
Barclay's iTunes: $3,500 | Travelocity Amex $3,350.00 | USAA $7,000.00 | Chase Freedom: $2,000.00 | Discover IT $1,000.00 | NFCU cashRewards Visa $22,500.00 | NavCheck $12,500.00 | USAA $7,000.00 | JCP $3,000.00 | Macy's $2,200.00 | Sam's Club $1,100.00 | Care Credit: $3,300.00 | Carson's $5,250.00 | Wal*Mart $1,500.00 | Various others... can't remember most store cards --- Long journey to HERE -- keep up the good fight!
Message 21 of 31
Axa
New Contributor

@jbunton444 wrote:

You have more patience than I do... I called back in ten minutes (earlier post...) and asked them to review the fax log... when they found it -- I said, "Well am I approved?"  The guy was like, "I said... the lady said dah dah dah and I'm ready to join Chase now."

They did it... guess I was lucky -- but as, I believe, creditaddict says... waiting is so overrated!  I love that phrasing!

Yep, lucky. I tried the same thing today, and the lady said it'll take 5-10 days before they enter the fax.

Ayayay.

TU 759, EX 744, EQ 779
Current Focus: Gardening indefinitely
Goals: 800 Club, pay off auto loan in 2 years
Message 22 of 31
credit3xhausted
Valued Member

I received the letter/form today.  It is Form SSA-90.  Since Chase pulled Equifax I pulled my report and noticed that my name is incorrect.  I have two last names hyphenated and Equifax only lists my former last name.  I never thought that would be a reason for them to be extra compliant! OMGzzz.  Anyways, I faxed the completed form to the managers direct faxt number in the verifciation department today, but it was after 5pm.  

Have my fingers crossed.

MyFico on 03/30/12: EQ 500; MyFico as of 03/06/2013: EQ 653
Wal-Mart (TU08) on 12/09/2012: 637; Wal-Mart (TU08) 03/07/2013: 700

Message 23 of 31
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

EQ always messes up my name ( hyphenated too) and they sometimes drop the last 3 digits from my unit number. I am constantly pulling that report just to fix those inconsistencies.
Message 24 of 31
Axa
New Contributor

@credit3xhausted wrote:

I received the letter/form today.  It is Form SSA-90.  Since Chase pulled Equifax I pulled my report and noticed that my name is incorrect.  I have two last names hyphenated and Equifax only lists my former last name.  I never thought that would be a reason for them to be extra complaint! OMGzzz.  Anyways, I faxed the completed form to the managers direct faxt number in the verifciation department today, but it was after 5pm.  

Have my fingers crossed.

Isn't it disgusting? Call up EF and all your other CR and get them all showing the right name. Also, make sure all your lenders and utility companies are using the right name. Even if they don't report consistently, any company checking your report could tag it with inconsistent info. It's a hassle, but it's worth it to keep everything consistent.

TU 759, EX 744, EQ 779
Message 25 of 31
Axa
New Contributor

Update today. I called the Exec Office number on the backdoor list. I'll have an answer within 2 days.

TU 759, EX 744, EQ 779
Message 26 of 31
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 27 of 31
Axa
New Contributor

Chase Freedom Double Recon Success! Was: Chase Freedom - Pending Review

Drum roll, please!

SUCCESS!! And not only that, a DOUBLE RECON success!

Okay, interesting story. Yesterday, since I didn't receive a call back all day from the Exec Office, I called the lady back about 2 hours before she had to leave (she had given me her extension). Had to leave a voice message, and she got back to me about an hour later. When she called back, she put me on hold to check the review. Came back on the phone after a minute or two to let me know that the application was... DENIED! It was denied for the same reasons of the original denial. I asked her, pointedly, if they were going to deny me for the exact same reasons, then why ask me to send in my SSN card and DL? I said it doesn't make sense, and it's so disappointing. She apologized that she didn't have an answer for me. I amicably conceded defeat.

Two hours later, the absurdity of it all became to much, and I called the backdoor recon line. I told the rep I was calling to appeal the decision to deny the application. She seemed open to the idea. So I told her I applied for Amex the same day and got a $2000 limit, and there was no good reason to deny me an opportunity with Chase. She asked about the number of inquiries on my report. I told her that my score had recently jumped 40 points and I was taking advantage of the timing to set myself on a good foundation for getting a mortgage in two years after the inquiries fell off. I said I had planned to acquire the Chase card, then tend my credit profile "like a garden" (nod to my fellow gardeners here at myFICO!) for the next two years so that when the inquiries fall off, I would be ready to pursue a mortgage using a CR without blemishes. I also told her that since I had not applied for any credit in 2 years, except when I started a bank account 8 months ago, I was looking for an excellent card to help round out my credit profile, and Chase came highly recommended, especially by my mother, who is a successful businesswoman (yep, I buttered it up a bit here). I said I could wait 6 months to apply for new credit, but why would I do that and push back my timing to start looking for a home in Autumn, turning Winter, after the last inquiries fell off, rather than start in Spring, turning Summer, when the weather is more amenable to touring the prospective area? I told her I've planned this, and Chase is part of my plan, and that's why I'm on the phone with her.

She told me to hold on so she could look into it for me. She came back to the line and told me that she was pleased to approve my application for $2500! She transferred me to another department so I could speak to a guy who verified me with CR identity questions and confirmed my card mailing address.

When that call ended, I calmly and deliberately ensured my phone had disconnected the call completely before I started shouting in joy and relief and victory while running up and down the hall and bouncing on my bed. Wooooo hooooo! That's a double recon, baby!! Had to have a Zumba session to get all that energy out (to Shakira's Waka Waka in case you're wondering). Such an awesome feeling to have a resource, thanks to my myFICO family here, to call upon when denied a much-desired application.

But wait... There's more!

Okay, so that was yesterday. Well, today, I get a call from the same lady in the Exec Office who told me I was denied, and she told me she had good news. She had decided to take another look at my application after speaking with me yesterday, and she was pleased to inform me that I had been approved for a $2500 limit! I thanked her and told her I was so pleased to hear that she had taken the time to review my app again. She said that the card was sent out the day before!

It was a quick call, and during those brief moments, I was listening to see whether she was going to say she confirmed the other lady's decision, but she didn't mention it. She actually called during a business call I was on, so I didn't process it all until after that call. But when I did, all I could think was oohh emm geeee, is this a TRIPLE RECON??? What's happening here? AWESOMENESS, that's what!!

If I get two cards I'll just keep the one that has a more memorable account number and arrange to return the other, but if I do receive two, this will turn into an unofficial triple recon! Unofficial only because the third attempt was not needed in the process, but it will stay firmly classified as a double recon for the record books.

Wish you all could have been listening in on those calls... would have been epic!

TU 759, EX 744, EQ 779
Message 28 of 31
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase Freedom Double Recon Success! Was: Chase Freedom - Pending Review

Congrats on the double/triple recon! Lmao off at the Zumba reference!
Message 29 of 31
Axa
New Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Double Recon Success! Was: Chase Freedom - Pending Review

@09Lexie wrote:
Congrats on the double/triple recon! Lmao off at the Zumba reference!

Thanks, 09Lexie! You should have seen me. You would've died laughing. It was a kid's Zumba class on video, the only one I could find on short notice. LOL

TU 759, EX 744, EQ 779
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.