Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Flex Not supported with mobile wallets

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom Flex Not supported with mobile wallets

So, Been on the fence of applying for a Freedom Flex and saw this https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-freedom-flex-currently-not-available-for-use-with-mobile-wallet...

That's a pretty major con to launch a new card without any kind of contatless support as it seems like the card isn't NFC enabled itself. 

I suppose in time they will fix this hopefully. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Flex Not supported with mobile wallets

Looks like it's already fixed/working

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Looks like it's already fixed/working

Hum. Were did you see that posted? 

Message 3 of 6
CreditPreditor
Established Member

I received mine today and it is not contactless. On a side note, the old freedom looks much nicer.

Message 4 of 6
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

@CreditPreditor wrote:

I received mine today and it is not contactless. On a side note, the old freedom looks much nicer.

It was reported on Reddit that a user was able to add. Chase knows it would be sacrilege to not have a mobile wallet option in the COVID-era...

Message 5 of 6
sxa001
Valued Contributor

I made the mistake of not fully researching ALL aspects of this card before I did my PC.  I found this out after I did the PC and it is certainly something that I hope will change, I have switched to a slim wallet and am trying to carry less cards.  Bummer PayPal Key doesn't work in the stores with Google Pay. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.