Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Plus

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Plus

Nothing so far. I keep getting things in the mail reminding me to take advantage of it and all the language when I log into my account keeps talking about the $50 bonus so I say...so far so good. I'll take advantage of it until it gets discontinued - that's for sure.
Message 21 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just so you're all aware, the $250 for $200 is also available for the regular Chase Freedom (non-plus) card too. However, I suppose it would take longer to get there, with the cap and only 3 categories. I've always been too impatient to wait that long, but my one card will hit $200 probably on the next statement (not the one that cuts this Monday), so I'll enjoy that bonus then, myself!
Message 22 of 32
monicar2009
New Contributor

Is this card still offered?
Message 23 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@monicar2009 wrote:
Is this card still offered?

It has always been offered through Chase. Try and see if you qualify. But watch out for your credit score if you care enough, and make sure if you really need it compared to other cards you already have.

Message 24 of 32
monicar2009
New Contributor

So the option is only offered once you have a freedom card correct? Because I cant find the option for the plus card. 
Message 25 of 32
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I used to have a link; it was to a miles reward card that you could convert to cash rewards. I can't even find that now.

I think that we're seeing the withdrawal by banks from the great rewards cards. Smiley Sad
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 26 of 32
monicar2009
New Contributor

So the plus card no longer exist? Or is it an option only provided once you have the freedom card.
Message 27 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

It could well be either case. There was one page (and I think only that page) that provided the Freedom Plus until literally yesterday. Chase then yanked that entry and replaced it with their Disney card.

There is always a chance that calling up Chase directly and applying for it over the phone may do the trick. Otherwise, inquire about becoming a Freedom cardholder if they say "Yes, the Plus card we make available six months after you prove how well you can give us money." and you really want it.

As long as the rewards program doesn't change terms too much, the Plus is well worth seeking. Of course, all of us Plus holders might well find the terms changed for the worse before too much longer anyway. Kind of a shame, but those are the economic breaks.

Message 28 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my Freedom Plus by product changing my WAMU Visa....I didn't see any application for the PLUS card with AF.  It may be this is only a PC or upgrade option....cause it sure isn't anywhere in plain sight.
Message 29 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I got my Freedom Plus by product changing my WAMU Visa....I didn't see any application for the PLUS card with AF.  It may be this is only a PC or upgrade option....cause it sure isn't anywhere in plain sight.

There used to be links to it that were easy to google for. I got mine by luck. Apped for the Freedom card, received the signature version even though I was very clear in telling them I did not want the signature card. When I called back to tell them, they swapped me to the PLUS version. I dind't know the difference at first. 

Also...just FYI. They don't refer to it as an AF. So if you ask if there is an AF they can techinically tell you "no". I believe they call it a program fee or something. It is $30 and they waive it for the first year. 

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 04-06-2009 08:13 AM
Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.