Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom (Student Status)

tag
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Chase Freedom (Student Status)

Recently applied for Chase Freedom using CK app portal. Approval odds displayed FAIR previously applied for Discover It Card for Students approved with toy $500 limit 0% APR 6 months low APR after intro 15.00%

Yesterday applied for Chase Freedom got my highest limit yet 1.5K with 0% for 14 months and $100 cash back bonus!! 

BUT....

22.99% APR after intro!!!!!!!!!!

WHY????? I called to New Accounts and spoke w/ supervisor said this was strict based on federal regulations that they cannot change offer once the computer decides rate for at least 12 months. I asked about higher credit limit and told me it was possible and placed me on hold told me he could not do it without doing another HP... pondered it he was kind of pushing me to give him the permission to do so but I could not take another hit because I am currently in a recon w/ AMEX for Blue Sky.

In the end he told me he was sending my card Next Day Air UPS. Not bad for an 18 YR old that started with Capital One Journeys

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase Freedom (Student Status)

Message 2 of 17
Rackham94
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Congrats on the approval.

Thanks! Can't wait for the mail! lol

Message 3 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I was too lazy to call to ave mine expedited. It took 10 days to get mine.
Message 4 of 17
enharu
Super Contributor

@Rackham94 wrote:

Recently applied for Chase Freedom using CK app portal. Approval odds displayed FAIR previously applied for Discover It Card for Students approved with toy $500 limit 0% APR 6 months low APR after intro 15.00%

Yesterday applied for Chase Freedom got my highest limit yet 1.5K with 0% for 14 months and $100 cash back bonus!! 

BUT....

WHY????? I called to New Accounts and spoke w/ supervisor said this was strict based on federal regulations that they cannot change offer once the computer decides rate for at least 12 months. I asked about higher credit limit and told me it was possible and placed me on hold told me he could not do it without doing another HP... pondered it he was kind of pushing me to give him the permission to do so but I could not take another hit because I am currently in a recon w/ AMEX for Blue Sky.

In the end he told me he was sending my card Next Day Air UPS. Not bad for an 18 YR old that started with Capital One Journeys

grats on the approval!

just don't owe any money on the card. 23% APR is daylight robbery :/

Isn't the discover supposed to be 14 months 0% APR as well?

Grats on both approvals!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 17
Rackham94
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@Rackham94 wrote:

BUT....

grats on the approval!

just don't owe any money on the card. 23% APR is daylight robbery :/

Isn't the discover supposed to be 14 months 0% APR as well?

Grats on both approvals!

: / I didn't know there was a difference between Discover It and Discover It Students until after I applied... I called for PC change or to match terms to Discover It regular but they would not budge after several attempts. Do you think it would have been higher limit if I applied for Discover It regular?

Message 6 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Maybe but then again you may not have been approved at all.
Message 7 of 17
Rackham94
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Maybe but then again you may not have been approved at all.

Probably right! lol

Message 8 of 17
enharu
Super Contributor

don't worry. it's all good. an approval is an approval!

its a bad idea to owe debt on a CC anyways and it's better to start cultivating that habit Smiley Happy

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 17
Rackham94
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:

don't worry. it's all good. an approval is an approval!

its a bad idea to owe debt on a CC anyways and it's better to start cultivating that habit Smiley Happy

Been blessed so far to have the ability to PIF every month. I want to eventually get in mid 700s I know if I get approved for AMEX I will never app until 2020 haha. Do you think Chase would of increased my CL if I let the supervisor do the HP?

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.