Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase MasterCard!!

tag
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

Chase MasterCard!!

I received a pre-approval offer from Chase for a Platinum Card a few weeks ago and was reluctant to apply for it for fear I'd be turned down (I've been turned down in the past from them).  I applied online this week and got the "you'll hear from us in 30 days" response, fully expecting to be turned down.  I just logged into my Chase online account to check something else and saw a credit card with an $8,000 limit!  Holy Moly!!!

Three years ago, I literally had no credit rating.  I had numerous charge offs from the late 80's and early 90's and couldn't get any credit so everything was in my husband's name.  We split up in 2005 and I got my first credit card with AMEX and a limit of $1,100 in February of 2006.  In June of 2007 I got an ALI to $5,300 and have continued to watch my utilization and pay on time.  I've got a Target Visa with a limit of $3,500 and several store cards and now this!  My Fico score through EQ is 699 and I'm hoping to make the 700 club next year.  Just goes to show you if you pay your bills on time and use credit responsibly what can happen.  Who would've thunk it??

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase MasterCard!!

Congrats on Chase and the progression!
Message 2 of 11
SherriLynn
Regular Contributor

That's awesome!!!  Congrats!!!
08/08 FICO TU649 EQ645 EX639
12/08 FICO TU665 EQ672 EX667
03/09 EQ650
App-free since 01/29/09
Message 3 of 11
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Kay_Cee wrote:

I received a pre-approval offer from Chase for a Platinum Card a few weeks ago and was reluctant to apply for it for fear I'd be turned down (I've been turned down in the past from them).  I applied online this week and got the "you'll hear from us in 30 days" response, fully expecting to be turned down.  I just logged into my Chase online account to check something else and saw a credit card with an $8,000 limit!  Holy Moly!!!

Three years ago, I literally had no credit rating.  I had numerous charge offs from the late 80's and early 90's and couldn't get any credit so everything was in my husband's name.  We split up in 2005 and I got my first credit card with AMEX and a limit of $1,100 in February of 2006.  In June of 2007 I got an ALI to $5,300 and have continued to watch my utilization and pay on time.  I've got a Target Visa with a limit of $3,500 and several store cards and now this!  My Fico score through EQ is 699 and I'm hoping to make the 700 club next year.  Just goes to show you if you pay your bills on time and use credit responsibly what can happen.  Who would've thunk it??

Congrats on the hard work and that nice starting CL it earned you with Chase, Kay_Cee!  Smiley Happy

I'm gonna show that CL to MY current CL's, see if it inspires them to grow! Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 4 of 11
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Congrats!
Here we go again...
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is wonderful!! What a great starting credit line!
Message 6 of 11
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Nice CL, KC, congrats. Did Chase pull EQ?

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 7 of 11
Established Contributor

@Kay_Cee wrote:

Three years ago, I literally had no credit rating. ....... My Fico score through EQ is 699 and I'm hoping to make the 700 club next year.  Just goes to show you if you pay your bills on time and use credit responsibly what can happen.

I thought that was worth repeating. Congrats.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! You've made wonderful progress Smiley Happy

Chase seems to be in a great mood this week. I got a pre-approval at the bank for 12k and took them up on it.

Did you get a siggy card too? I am going to call and get them to change mine to one that reports the limit. This new one is a siggy and one siggy with Chase is too many.

ETA: I called and they changed to a non-signature card so I would have a CL show on my CR's.

Message Edited by stef37 on 12-12-2008 01:01 PM
Message 9 of 11
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

thats awesome congrats i'm hoping that chase will give me some love in the next 3-6 months but with everything going on who knows!

OP off the subject what is ALI?

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.