cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase PC from Slate to CSP questions.

tag
minhasandrew
Established Member

Re: Chase PC from Slate to CSP questions.

@longtimelurker wrote:

@minhasandrew wrote:

The csp doesnt have any offers for balance transfers or purchase apr. In reality the card isn't for people with shallow pockets.  (not saying I have deep pockets) 

If you don't mind opening and closing/PCing a year later, it is for anyone who can meet the minimum spend requirements, just for the bonus.   Certainly don't do this on a whole bunch of cards, particularly from one issuer, but this is really worth it.

Yeah I agree with you if you can spend the 3000 in 3 months to get the 40000 points the do it and close it a couple months later. I'm not gonna lie its a heck of a deal. you could even add an authorized user for another 5000 points and the bet part is that they dont have to even use the card. 

Chase Freedom 1K, Chase Sapphire (non preferred) 5K, Chase Sapphire Preferred 5K, AMEX Gold Premier NPSL, AMEX Blue Cash 2600, Capital One Journey 1K.
Message 11 of 15
lmashimaru
Valued Member

Thanks for all the replies! 

We talked about it and i think she will do a new app for CSP. On paper she does only have 30k in income, but there is income that is not documented (wages under the table from her employer). Also i do help pay the bills, but usually dont include my income since we're not married or anything. She's considering teh CSP because we're planning a trip soon and would love the no FTF and the bonus points when we purchase airline tickets and such.

Agian Thanks for the feedback!

Experian - 749 Equifax - 765 Transunion - 756 [ FAKO EnhancedITP Pulled 06/07/2014 ]
Cards:
Chase [Sapphire Preferred - $5000] :: [Freedom - $ 2000] :: [Slate - $500] :: [Amazon Visa - $1000]
Barclays [Arrival + - $900]
In the Garden for a long time now that I've gotten the cards i want.
Message 12 of 15
minhasandrew
Established Member

@lmashimaru wrote:

Thanks for all the replies! 

We talked about it and i think she will do a new app for CSP. On paper she does only have 30k in income, but there is income that is not documented (wages under the table from her employer). Also i do help pay the bills, but usually dont include my income since we're not married or anything. She's considering teh CSP because we're planning a trip soon and would love the no FTF and the bonus points when we purchase airline tickets and such.

Agian Thanks for the feedback!

well let us know if she gets approved and she'll love the physical card once she gets it (because its metal). Also, if she's approved call the chase sapphire call center, yes a real person in the US picks up almost immediately, and tell them to overnight your card. 

Chase Freedom 1K, Chase Sapphire (non preferred) 5K, Chase Sapphire Preferred 5K, AMEX Gold Premier NPSL, AMEX Blue Cash 2600, Capital One Journey 1K.
Message 13 of 15
red259
Super Contributor

You would always want to app in this situation in order to get the bonus. The card loses significant value without the initial spend bonus. Hopefully she gets good news on her app.This is not a card she should be carrying a balance on. If she has to carry a balance I would recommend against getting this card since the APR will be fairly high and there are better options out there for that. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 14 of 15
lmashimaru
Valued Member

I will report back!, but we wont be purchasing the tickets for another month so she probably wont apply till a little before then. She plans on carrying her balance on the slate card since she has a low APR. The CSP would be simply for large purchases we plan on paying for immediately.

Plus her Slate card is still only 8 months old so her intro APR is still in effect. After which ill be paying it immediately for her so shes not carrying a large balance.

Experian - 749 Equifax - 765 Transunion - 756 [ FAKO EnhancedITP Pulled 06/07/2014 ]
Cards:
Chase [Sapphire Preferred - $5000] :: [Freedom - $ 2000] :: [Slate - $500] :: [Amazon Visa - $1000]
Barclays [Arrival + - $900]
In the Garden for a long time now that I've gotten the cards i want.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.