cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Questions

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Established Contributor

Chase Questions

I've been thinking of adding a chase card to my portfolio but had some questions. I know they have the cards must be open at least 13 months rule and the 5/24. I started rebuilding in April of 18 with my first card in quite a while. I have since closed that starter card and right now have a Discover at 13 months old. Amex at 12 months and a CapOne that just cut its 4th statement. Scores are decent last time I checked and should be around what is in the signature. The only baddie I still have left is one small paid medical collection only on EQ.

I have anywhere from 4-10 inquiries on my reports under 2 and only 2-5 of those are under a year depending on the CRA. Oldest is 13.5 years with an average of 6 years. I have 3 new accounts in the past year. and 6 in the last two years.

What does everyone think might be my chances of getting approved? I tried to look at the prequal site, but not sure if it's working since I have my CRA's frozen as it says there are no offers perhaps because I opted out.

Thoughts?

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 09/17/19:

Goal Score: 750+
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Questions

Oldest card does not "have" to be open for a year, that's the bare minimum for a relatively decent app outcome. 

You cannot check for prequals/preapprovals with frozen/locked reports. If you could, it would defy the purpose. 

You're over 5/24 according to your post and without an existing "relationship" with Chase, that might be a deal breaker unless you're planning on waiting till you drop below 5/24

I think you'd have a decent chance providing you're not over 5/24. 

EX 754 EQ 774 TU 752

Message 2 of 7
Valued Contributor

I think your odds are pretty good. When I apped for the CSP, I had about 750-780 score. Was barely under 5/24, 4-5 INQ, and 2 paid $40 med collections on EQ. My AoOA was 24 years and AAoA was 4 years. However, I started my rebuild much earlier in 16. So i had a thicker file by the time I went for Chase. HP counts aren't too bad depending on a persons file. Though I'd let 2 of those 6 new accounts age over 24 months  before I apply.

Message 3 of 7
Valued Contributor

Speaking only based on what I’ve read since I don’t have Chase cards, HIPAA that medical collection off and get under 5/24 and I think you’d easily get in. Solid scores, no excessive accounts, you should be fine.

Rose Gold | BCP | Delta Gold | Hilton Surpass | Hilton Honors | IT Cash | IT Chrome | Quicksilver | Target | VS | Home Depot | Lowes | Firestone | Wayfair | Kohl’s

5/24, 1/24, 76445/24, who cares #HappyWithAmex

Entering the garden 5/27/2019, staying until 2020

Message 4 of 7
Established Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Oldest card does not "have" to be open for a year, that's the bare minimum for a relatively decent app outcome. 

You cannot check for prequals/preapprovals with frozen/locked reports. If you could, it would defy the purpose. 

You're over 5/24 according to your post and without an existing "relationship" with Chase, that might be a deal breaker unless you're planning on waiting till you drop below 5/24

To clarify the credit cards are 4/24 with the one I closed, 3 cards open. The other two are installments. I thought the 5/24 was only for credit cards, but is it for any accounts?

Current 09/17/19:

Message 5 of 7
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@dynamicvb wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

To clarify the credit cards are 4/24 with the one I closed, 3 cards open. The other two are installments. I thought the 5/24 was only for credit cards, but is it for any accounts?

Revolving accounts only. Installment loans do not count towards 5/24, so you're under 

You've come really long way with your rebuild. HPs are inevitable. If you could really use their cards,  go for it. Worst case scenario, you end up with a HP (maybe two)  and letter that would let you know what, if anything, needs to happen before they will approve. 

If you wait longer, your approval terms would probably be better, but you never know with them 🤷‍♀️

EX 754 EQ 774 TU 752

Message 6 of 7
Established Contributor

Thanks,  

Current 09/17/19:

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.