Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Recon

tag
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Recon

Thanks again! I hope they do as well. That will end my quest for a new card, Then I can garden from here on out.

Starting Score: FICO TU 591 FICO EX 581 FICO EQ 555
Current Score: FICO TU 662 FICO EX 652 FICO EQ 643
Goal Score: 700 CLUB

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 11 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

@fixmycred14 wrote:

Thanks again! I hope they do as well. That will end my quest for a new card, Then I can garden from here on out.

Looking at your scores your not far you just need to catch a break on CR's 

Time heals all

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 20
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

Really? Smiley Happy Good I'm glad! Repairing takes a real toll. Credit is on my mind 24 hrs a day. So at first new cc drop your score then boost it? Do you think I'll be approved for limits comparable to my nrewards? At least BoA unsecures...

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit takes time. It took me nine years after a BK7 and then another two years for prime cards. Note, time varies by person, their credit file and how much repair is needed. Hard but patience with hard work (like you plan to do on cleaning your file). It took me two years to get the credit bureaus to remove obsolete and incorrect info. Frustrating to say the least.
Message 14 of 20
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

Thanks @ Wanderer-- Patience is the hardest part. I want to qualify for a mortgage.

Message 15 of 20
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

If I am approved for both the Cap1 secured & BOA secured can I turn down the Cap1 cc? Or should I just go w/both if they both are approved?

Message 16 of 20
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

definitely keep both accounts. They will both age at the same time. You took the HPs for both already and even though it will hurt your AAoA at the moment you will be better positioned for prime lenders a year from now.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 17 of 20
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

Okay, thanks. We'll see what happens...

Message 18 of 20
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

Update - Cap 1 approved waiting on BoA

Message 19 of 20
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

@fixmycred14 wrote:

Hi myjourney --

Don't scold me lol! I didn't listen to you and now I'm so sad I was declined. Smiley Sad

I know I know...they are quick to report but not update/delete. Two are small and I've offered PFD to no avail. I don't want to give up and just pay but I'm growing tired everyday of the games. These people seem to get a thrill from holding me financially hostage. The third is virtually impossible. It's a nearly 7 yr old repo. Just my luck... they pulled the one and only report that has the CA on it. Sigh...I really want a prime card to garden.

I was initially given the 7-10 day message, but then I decided to call the next day .  He said I was declined because of my BK 8 years ago.  He asked, I didn't ask, if I wanted him to review my application.  I said yes please.  He then asked me specifically about my BK and why I filed.  I said it was probably unnecessary at the time, but I just wanted a clean start.  He said what have I done to not have it happen again.  I told him I have a better and more stabile job now.  He said he would be right back.  I was approved for $5000.  My card should arrive this week and I will immediately ask for a CLI.  I've been pretty lucky so far with my approvals and CLI's.

Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.