Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase 'Selected for you' offers questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase 'Selected for you' offers questions

Are Chase 'selected for you' offers temporary (i.e. are they only available for a fixed time, or do they persist till we apply for one?).

I've had a banking relation with Chase for around 18 months, and a Chase Freedom for around  8 months (500 CL) at this point. Recently I've been mulling calling and asking for a CLI on my Freedom. However, after my latest payday, my assets went beyond 10k for the first time, and I got 'Selected for you' offers for the FU, CSP and Slate (all with the highest APRs, but that shouldn't matter much to me). This has made me interested in applying for a FU. I recently got an AMEX in Feb with a pretty high SL (10k). Would it make sense to wait till the Amex reports (heard it takes 2 months), and thus showing a stronger profile before pulling the trigger on the FU? I'm hoping for a CL of at least 2k. I currently have TU and EX score in the 720-740 range, and the only other card currently reporting is a Discover (14 months old, 4500 CL). Salary is 29k.

Also, would these offers dissapear once this month's rent gets transferred out bringing down total assets? It would be nice to apply with a preapproval.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase 'Selected for you' offers questions

You stand a good chance for at least a 2k limit if you applied right now.  If you let your new 10k account report and then wait a few months after that (to show good standing and have it not be brand spanking new), your starting line would likely be larger than whatever they would offer at this point.  Up to you which way to go.

In my experience the offers stick around until you accept one of them, then sometimes they can disappear for a month or so and then come back.

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Are Chase 'selected for you' offers temporary (i.e. are they only available for a fixed time, or do they persist till we apply for one?).

I've had a banking relation with Chase for around 18 months, and a Chase Freedom for around  8 months (500 CL) at this point. Recently I've been mulling calling and asking for a CLI on my Freedom. However, after my latest payday, my assets went beyond 10k for the first time, and I got 'Selected for you' offers for the FU, CSP and Slate (all with the highest APRs, but that shouldn't matter much to me). This has made me interested in applying for a FU. I recently got an AMEX in Feb with a pretty high SL (10k). Would it make sense to wait till the Amex reports (heard it takes 2 months), and thus showing a stronger profile before pulling the trigger on the FU? I'm hoping for a CL of at least 2k. I currently have TU and EX score in the 720-740 range, and the only other card currently reporting is a Discover (14 months old, 4500 CL). Salary is 29k.

Also, would these offers dissapear once this month's rent gets transferred out bringing down total assets? It would be nice to apply with a preapproval.

If you have selected offers for you the CSP you need to go for that. That is probably a guaranteed approval and $500 cash or $625 in travel. Min CL of 5k.  Since you are under 5 cards in 2 years anyway.  Also a friend did get approved for a preselected CSP and accidentally listed 5k as income, so I guess the whole 40k min salary for a CSP is now moot? I dunno?

Have you tried for a CLI on the Amex?  I would request 25k and let them counter.  Then go for the CSP and pair it with a Chase Ink Preferred.

Also I would be asking for increases on discover, in fact, just take the HP and aim high , let them counter. That will report super fast too.

Have you actually done a chase.com/prequalify or was this under your chase offers tab?

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was under the Chase offers tab. Strangely enough, prequals don't show anything.

I don't think that the CSP is a good fit for me right now. It is a good card, yes, but I for one can't easily hit 4k spend in 3 months (I'm a grad student). I might get it after I graduate. I'm saving up on URs till then.

The 61 day for AMEX is on April 16th or so, I'm planning to ask for CLI to 15 or 20k. I have been regularly getting CLIs for Disco. Started at 1750 (pretty good for a first account), and is at 4500 after 4 SP CLIs. I'm happy with the growth of the card.

As for the AMEX reporting, would it be a big factor as to letting a few payments post to show it in good standing? That is, would it actually be a negative factor with me getting a high CL with AMEX and applying for credit without showing payment history with the card? When the AMEX does report, won't it show that I've paid for the 1st month?

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in a similar boat. I've had the Slate card since January and SL of $6200 and I used it for a BT and swiped it like 3 times for car washes and that's it. This morning I logged on and "Selected offers for you" was highlighted for the first time ever and they're trying to get me to enter income only and hit the submit button. CSP, FU, and Freedom. I'm definitely over the 5/24 rule so I'm not sure it that's an auto denial or an auto approval since they've selected offers for me...... anyone?
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I said screw it and pulled the trigger. Received the 30 day message. Blah.
Message 6 of 18
Gggmen
Valued Member

Similar situation but was instantly approved for csp 5k. I am told that st the targeted offers with the green check mark are a way around 5/24. Good luck
Message 7 of 18
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Footloose. Since you have the "Selected offers for you" green checkmarks , the 5/24 doesn't count. I had 6/24 and applied, and was instantly approved.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Verification.

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That 30 day email is meaningless.  Everyone gets that unless instantly approval.  Call the automated application status line.  What it says will give you a much better idea.  While not a,ways true, a 30 day message is very good, a 2 week message is pretty good and a 7-10 day message is most likely a denial.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.