Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate Good Sign??

tag
rbizzle
Contributor

Chase Slate Good Sign??

Soo i decided to app for a chase slate card to take advantage of the 0% on balance transfers so i could get the balance off of a higher interest rate card.  Got the usual 7-10 day message....Called the back door number and talked to the nicest lady ever.  Idk if its just me but i feel as if i have better luck with women then i do when guys answer.  But she told me my app was denied for recent inquiries...i explained them to her and she put me on hold for about 3 minutes came back on the phone and said we just need to get a copy of your ID and your social security card to verify you are who you say you are.....So i faxed them over and she said i should hear something soon...SOOO is this a good sign?? Think my chances of approval are good???

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Slate Good Sign??

@rbizzle wrote:

Soo i decided to app for a chase slate card to take advantage of the 0% on balance transfers so i could get the balance off of a higher interest rate card.  Got the usual 7-10 day message....Called the back door number and talked to the nicest lady ever.  Idk if its just me but i feel as if i have better luck with women then i do when guys answer.  But she told me my app was denied for recent inquiries...i explained them to her and she put me on hold for about 3 minutes came back on the phone and said we just need to get a copy of your ID and your social security card to verify you are who you say you are.....So i faxed them over and she said i should hear something soon...SOOO is this a good sign?? Think my chances of approval are good???

I think you will hear back soon.  50-50.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think they would try to verify your identity if they weren't planning in approving, but that's just my opinion. Good luck! Let us know how it goes!
Message 3 of 13
clocktick
Valued Contributor

I would say your chances are very good!  I was originally denied by Chase and I called to recon.  After talking to the nice lady ( <-----haha), I later received a call to verify my identity.  Approved.  It's like they won't verify your identity unless they're giving you their card - from my own personal experience and from what I've read.

Please let us know what happens!

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 13
rbizzle
Contributor

I just wanted to update everyone on my application status....I WAS APPROVED!!! $3,000 credit line! I'm more then ecstatic!!
Message 5 of 13
Skinnyminnie
Regular Contributor

Wohooo, congratulations!  The wait time must've been a killer.  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 13
pmbrian
Contributor

Congratulations!  Go forth wisely!

03/25/20 - FICO 8 EQ - 709 TU - 717 EX - 718

09/02/19 - FICO 8 EQ - 702 TU - 699 EX - 714
Message 7 of 13
casmith1980
Established Contributor

@rbizzle wrote:
I just wanted to update everyone on my application status....I WAS APPROVED!!! $3,000 credit line! I'm more then ecstatic!!

Just out of curiousity...what are your FICO scores?  Smiley Happy  Congrats!!!!

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 8 of 13
rbizzle
Contributor

As of 11/15/11 TU was 694 && EQ was 677
Message 9 of 13
CS800
Super Contributor

Congrats !!

Do you know what they pulled?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.