Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase app

tag
skoop
New Contributor

Chase app

Hello,  I have been reading all day and don't find the answer to my question so.... I applied this morning for a pre-approved offer from Chase for a Freedom Card.  I got the infamous " you will be notified by mail within two weeks."  Does that automaticlally mean I am declined?  How early is too early to call the back number?  I did call the original number on the app a few minutes ago and got a message saying  "in two weeks."  Does anyone know what that means?

I am wanting to pay off my  Capital One Cards.  I have no derogatory info on my CR, that I can see.  I have a low 700 score with Experian, and the other two are higher.  I do have a couple of inquires due to mortgage loan inquiries.

Can anyone tell me anything?  What is your experience?

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase app

Two weeks message does not mean it's declined. If its declined right away, it would have told you. I've had the credit analysts tell me that most apps go under manual review.

you can call right away to the backdoor number after you submit the app. good luck!!
AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 2 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those messages do not automatically mean you are declined.  I'd just call again tomorrow for a status update.

Message 3 of 33
skoop
New Contributor

Thanks, I am always scared of declines, due to past history.  it has taken me many years to climb out of the pitt.  I don't want to do anything to jeopadize things, ya know??

I will see how long I can control the urge to call.  Maybe tomorrow?  If I can wait that long.1Smiley Mad

Message 4 of 33
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Myself and my mother have had many chase cards. Neither of us have ever got a instant approval.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 33
FrugalRican
Blogger

I don't see why you can't call today.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 6 of 33
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Perhaps opening a checking account with them speeds things up.

I recently opened a checking account at Chase and was notified I was preapproved for assorted cards and chose the Freedom since it had good rewards and no AF. A few minutes later they printed out the acceptance, CL and siggy agreement. Got the card in the mail a week later.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 7 of 33
skoop
New Contributor

I guess I could, but fear strikes me dead, or paralyzed, you know.  I will see if I can wait, but really want to get it over with.

One thing that gives me hope, is the rather rude lady that took my application responded to me when I said I was going to transfer some balances, she asked me if I was ready to do so, and I said, stupidly, no, I want to find out if I am approved first.  So, maybe that means they are going to approve it???

Message 8 of 33
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@skoop wrote:

I guess I could, but fear strikes me dead, or paralyzed, you know.  I will see if I can wait, but really want to get it over with.

One thing that gives me hope, is the rather rude lady that took my application responded to me when I said I was going to transfer some balances, she asked me if I was ready to do so, and I said, stupidly, no, I want to find out if I am approved first.  So, maybe that means they are going to approve it???

Could be. At least it means you are still in the running. Good luck!

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 9 of 33
skoop
New Contributor

So, this morning I call the application number,and the message said, "you will receive notice within 30 days."  I think yesterday it said, 2 weeks.  I don't like the sounds of this.  What should I do now?  Call the back door number or just play the waiting game?

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.