Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase application

tag
keith021
Regular Contributor

Chase application

I applied for a Chase MasterCard (I don’t recall exactly which card it was) on December 18th and I never received a letter in the mail saying I was denied or anything. I actually forgot all about the application until today when I received a call from them requesting additional information. Due to the fraud alerts on my credit files, the rep. said additional information is required to process my application and then proceeded to ask me a series of 4 multiple choice questions. I answered all 4 questions successfully and was told my application will finish being processed and I should receive either a card or letter in the mail within 7-10 business days. I find it weird because I haven't heard from them since I applied. Could it be just another denial? Does Chase thoroughly review all applications? I'm use to getting a denial or approval within a day or two.

Thanks for the input. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 665
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
keith021
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase application

Bump

Message 2 of 16
FICOADDICTED
New Contributor

Hi Keith021,

When I applied for a Chase United (Sept 09) it was not an instant because I have fraud alert on my credit files - I called the backdoor number Chase: 800-432-3117 (App status) but it always say that it's still in process until I got the letter with reference number then called (the number on the letter) in with the reference number answered some security questions the rep told me that they can go ahead and continue the app process.  I called the 800 number above 10 minutes later I got the message said that I was approved.  You may want to call the for your app status.

Good luck and let us know the outcome.

Amex (3), Chase (2), Cap One(2), USAA (1), NFCU (1), Citi (2) Nordie Store Card, VS, BB Store card and HD store card......
Message 3 of 16
keith021
Regular Contributor

@FICOADDICTED wrote:

Hi Keith021,

When I applied for a Chase United (Sept 09) it was not an instant because I have fraud alert on my credit files - I called the backdoor number Chase: 800-432-3117 (App status) but it always say that it's still in process until I got the letter with reference number then called (the number on the letter) in with the reference number answered some security questions the rep told me that they can go ahead and continue the app process.  I called the 800 number above 10 minutes later I got the message said that I was approved.  You may want to call the for your app status.

Good luck and let us know the outcome.

After I answered the verification questions, the rep. provided me with a reference number and told me it will be sent for a final review.

Message 4 of 16
keith021
Regular Contributor

Update: I just got off the phone with Chase, and they are requesting that I mail or fax in a copy of my social security card and proof of address. I'm about to fax this information to them right away. I just thought I would update you guys and gals on the application. I'm really hoping for an approval, but I will keep my fingers crossed in the meantime...

Message 5 of 16
keith021
Regular Contributor

I just thought about it, and now I remember which card I applied for. It was the: Chase +1SM Student MasterCard®. Does anyone have this card, if so what type of starting limit should I expect? I see this thread has gotten a lot of views, but few replies. Um...

All input is appreciated.  Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 16
keith021
Regular Contributor

Update: My application for the Chase +1SM Student MasterCard was finally approved today! CL: $1,000. I applied December 18th, and after several phone calls and proof of SSN and a copy of my driver's license I was finally approved. I see Chase takes their precious time to approve applications; ones with fraud alerts require additional processing as mine did. I'm stoked! Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 16
DI
Super Contributor

Sometimes it can take up to a month before you hear from a creditor. Normally when it have taken several weeks they will call.
Message 8 of 16
DI
Super Contributor

@keith021 wrote:

Update: My application for the Chase +1SM Student MasterCard was finally approved today! CL: $1,000. I applied December 18th, and after several phone calls and proof of SSN and a copy of my driver's license I was finally approved. I see Chase takes their precious time to approve applications; ones with fraud alerts require additional processing as mine did. I'm stoked! Smiley Wink

Congratulations!

Message 9 of 16
keith021
Regular Contributor

@DI wrote:
Sometimes it can take up to a month before you hear from a creditor. Normally when it have taken several weeks they will call.

Yeah, Chase did call a few weeks after I applied, I forgot all about the application until I received that phone call.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.