Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase authorized user question

tag
Green456
Established Contributor

Chase authorized user question

So I got CFU, I added my wife as AU. However she does not see the card in her Chase account. Is this normal? 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
mrfufoppss
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase authorized user question

Yes thats Normal, Only you will see the card on your end, because only (You) is responsible for any debt on the card

AOD FCU PLOC 10,000
NAVY FED CLOC 3000

Message 2 of 14
calyx
Super Contributor

Can confirm.

I'm an AU on my partner's Chase, and he's an AU on my CSP, and neither of us can access the other's card in our portals.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 3 of 14
Green456
Established Contributor

@calyx wrote:

Can confirm.

I'm an AU on my partner's Chase, and he's an AU on my CSP, and neither of us can access the other's card in our portals.

This sucks big time. We share finances so all food and household spending goes on it. Since we both try to limit that to $900 a month it would be great for her to see it as well. I guess I will have her sign up for her own CFU.

Message 4 of 14
calyx
Super Contributor

@Green456 wrote:

@calyx wrote:

Can confirm.

This sucks big time. We share finances so all food and household spending goes on it. Since we both try to limit that to $900 a month it would be great for her to see it as well. I guess I will have her sign up for her own CFU.

Yeah, I wish we had access, too.  In our case, I'd like to be able to pay on each other's cards.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 5 of 14
CaptJOB
Regular Contributor

I know not everyone is comfortable with this but you could just give her your Chase log-in. That being said two SUBs never hurt anybody...

Message 6 of 14
Green456
Established Contributor

@CaptJOB wrote:

I know not everyone is comfortable with this but you could just give her your Chase log-in. That being said two SUBs never hurt anybody...

I don't have an issue with that but she has Sapphire that we use for dining and travel. She won't be able to see that on in my account... So our only solution at this point is wait for her to get CFU and just keep her in charge of shopping expenses while I use my CFU for reoccuring bills. I'm just annoyed.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just set up an alert that lets you know when you guys get to $900 in spending. Alerts are a great workaround. It will take into account both of your charges to the card since it is under one account number. Whoever is the primary person in charge of tracking finances you can send the alerts to that persons email or phone.

I use this to track for fraud and autopays by setting up an alert to let me know if anything over $1 is charged on all of my cards (approx. 26).

There are also other alert options.

@Green456 wrote:

@calyx wrote:

Can confirm.

Message 8 of 14
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I set my Chase alerts to notify me if anything above $0 is charged. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 14
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

As far as I know, the only two major card companies that allow AU cards to be added to an online account are Amex and Citi.  Amex issues different card numbers to AUs, they only see their own spending, you can set spending limits, and they have no access to rewards unless you specifically assign it to them.  Citi AUs have full access to the account other than credit line increases and rewards.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.