Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase auto CLI data point

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase auto CLI data point

Want to provide a data point for Chase auto CLI. I've heard that this is pretty rare from Chase so I want to provide some data for others as reference.

I have total credit age of 32 months. Had 2 secured card as I started and then got the Chase Freedom Unlimited about 21 months ago, got rejected first, had to call recon for them to issue. I first got a $1K credit limit. After using it for 2 months very heavily (like $3-4K each month), the limit was auto raised to $2K and then 5 more months later it was raised to $4K and stuck there for many months (until a week ago - 21 months since initial card issue). I noticed the limit was bumped to $9K. All auto CLI and I did not ask for any of the credit increase. Used the card actively and repay on time and usually before bill time every month (bill comes to $0-$100), never carried any balance. 

I did apply for a Chase Sapphire Reserve after 7 months of getting the FU card and did get a $30K+ limit on that card. That card never got any CLI. I know I am lucky for them to auto CLI, just want to share the data point. 

4 REPLIES 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase auto CLI data point

Congrats!

I've gotten a number of Chase auto-CLI's, never really managed to pull anything concrete about it other than I've run my financial life through Chase for the past 7+ years.

2 (maybe 3) on my Freedom (1->2.5k->4k IIRC), 1 on FU (22->25k), one on Ink Cash (5k -> 6.5k).

Rare, and I opened the Freedom back in Jan 2013... less than one per year across all my accounts which is now up to 6.

        
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting another of these posts came up. I was thinking of posting about this very topic. I myself got an auto CLI on my Freedom on Friday. I opened the account in September 2017. My billing cycle on that card starts on the 28th and ends on the 27th. I got the card with a $1500 starting limit and because of Chase's CLI policy, specifically hard pulls if you ask for a CLI without any offers, I said no. My personal policy is no hard pulls for a CLI, so I never requested one, although did inquire about soft pull CLIs, yet no offers. I had read about Chase auto CLI and soft pull offers and so what I did in March was run $1124.51 through the card and pay in full right before the billing cycle closed. That's almost 75% or 3/4 exactly. What I heard was that if you use the card heavily and by heavily, I mean charge more than the total credit limit, or close to it and PIF, and do it for a few months in a row, the chance of a soft pull CLI offer or auto CLI go up significantly. Because the card was already a year and a half old at this point, that made it more likely that I could get it after only 1 month of heavy useage. A big chunk of that bill was a dental bill that was a little under $700. This past Friday, I logged into my online account and saw that it said the credit limit on my Freedom was now at $3000. So I thought "well, it finally happened". My Freedom Unlimited, which I got in December 2017, remains at a $1500 limit. Now I know the prescription for an auto CLI on that card. But further auto CLIs on either my Freedom or Freedom Unlimited I feel are probably not very likely because of what it took to get the first one. But that'll be ok because I don't need giant limits on either card as I don't consider either my daily driver.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know and congrats! I’ve had a similar experience but with the Chase Amazon Visa. Opening 9/2018 with a $4k increase and auto cli to $6,500 after my 6th statement. Today my 7th statement cut and I now have some sort of a 0% promotional apr until 10/19. Chase has been great, pif or mostly, and they will reward you!
Message 4 of 5
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! The Chase auto CLI is a very nice surprise I assume lol
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.