Chase doing double pulls now?

tag
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase doing double pulls now?

@09Lexie wrote:
@dodgerslv

Do you need the CSP? Travel a lot?

I will be this next couple of years but debating if i really wanna have another AF card. I have the BCP and Marriott  so i was thinking that should be enough to earn travel points.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 31 of 41
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

I was also looking at the US Bank Flex cards but i read that they are very INQ sensitive and dont like baddies on reports (though i did say the same about Chase).

Message 32 of 41
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Cheryla18 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Cheryla18 wrote:

@NJTurnpike wrote:

ohh boy! this discussion again! haha Smiley Very Happy

I said it in the previous thread about this and I'll say it again. If its convenient for you (and not expensive). Keep all your reports locked all the time, do a little research and only unlock the one you think they will pull to minimize your HP's across all your reports. If you end up having to recon and they said they want to see another report, by all means unlock the other one as well, but don't make it easy for them to ding your credit profile automatically.

Let the debate begin. haha

Lol....I am not usually on this board.....I'm mainly still on the rebuilding board.......newbie question...How do you know which CCC will pull which report in order to unlock the correct CRB?

Not sure I agree with the strategy (seems pointless waste of time and effort to me, inquiries aren't a big deal in the FICO model), but if you google for "credit pulls database" there's a most excellent online resource by lender.  Attempting to force a lender to use a specific bureau isn't ethical, and this middle ground is a little suspect too as a result.

But, but, that goes to, you know, *that* board!  Call a mod.   Seriously, that is probably the best resource.

?????

Pretty certain it was a tongue-in-cheek comment regarding my moderator tag Smiley Happy.

Per forum TOS: we prohibit direct links to *that* board as referenced in lurker's post, but we do allow posting specific terms to be searched upon that have the likelihood of resolving to a resource found on that forum.

Speaking as joe user: reading the TOS I can see how this policy was created though I would agree with someone suggesting that we're splitting hairs on this.  I'm not one to throw out the baby with the bathwater though, and that one resource is truly excellent in my opinion.

        
Message 33 of 41
enharu
Super Contributor

Dodgers, how many inquiries do you have? I had 10 inquiries on my ex when I applied for cash+, and got approved. From my experience us bank isn't really sensitive
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 34 of 41
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@Cheryla18 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Cheryla18 wrote:

@NJTurnpike wrote:

ohh boy! this discussion again! haha Smiley Very Happy

I said it in the previous thread about this and I'll say it again. If its convenient for you (and not expensive). Keep all your reports locked all the time, do a little research and only unlock the one you think they will pull to minimize your HP's across all your reports. If you end up having to recon and they said they want to see another report, by all means unlock the other one as well, but don't make it easy for them to ding your credit profile automatically.

Let the debate begin. haha

Lol....I am not usually on this board.....I'm mainly still on the rebuilding board.......newbie question...How do you know which CCC will pull which report in order to unlock the correct CRB?

Not sure I agree with the strategy (seems pointless waste of time and effort to me, inquiries aren't a big deal in the FICO model), but if you google for "credit pulls database" there's a most excellent online resource by lender.  Attempting to force a lender to use a specific bureau isn't ethical, and this middle ground is a little suspect too as a result.

But, but, that goes to, you know, *that* board!  Call a mod.   Seriously, that is probably the best resource.

?????

Pretty certain it was a tongue-in-cheek comment regarding my moderator tag Smiley Happy.

Per forum TOS: we prohibit direct links to *that* board as referenced in lurker's post, but we do allow posting specific terms to be searched upon that have the likelihood of resolving to a resource found on that forum.

Speaking as joe user: reading the TOS I can see how this policy was created though I would agree with someoOne suggesting that we're splitting hairs on this.  I'm not one to throw out the baby with the bathwater though, and that one resource is truly excellent in my opinion.

Okay...I thought maybe I had done or said something wrong Smiley Happy   being a lurker...kinda...sorta...lol

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 35 of 41
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

I have 11 in the last year now (5 from auto banks) but 6 in the last 5 months, 1 BofA, 3 AMEX,1 Chase, 1 Citi. This is on EX which im pretty certain they are going to pull. My AAoA is 3 years, 10 months. I do have a business checking account with them so dont know if that will help my chances. Dont know if US Bank those double pulls if you are borderline but i have less INQ on my other 2 bureaus.

Message 36 of 41
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Thanks for all the feedback on my question. 

I actually called Chase today and spoke to the INK rep. He told me that they only pull one under normal circumstances and didn't expect me to get double pulled.

So either he's out of the loop and not reliable or there's something else to these double pulls that is out of the ordinary. I do see that some of the people getting double pulled according to this thread have good scores. So, I am not really sure what to make of it all. 

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 37 of 41
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Yes, hard to know, even those of us with good scores might have something on the first pull that needs another look.

I just looked at all the inqs on my credit reports.   The oldest, June 2011, was a single pull by Chase.  Then apart from mortgages, and as far as I can see an unauthorized triple pull by Citi Mortgage (they bought our mortgage, I didn't request credit), single pulls from Amex, Barclays, FIA, Penfed, then, starting Dec 2012, double pulls from Citi (3 times for three cards) and a double pull from Chase.   Finally two single pulls, each for a CLI from FIA and Citi.

Since people are still getting single pulled, I have to assume it's something in our records that they need to check.

Message 38 of 41
MonkeyBelly
Regular Contributor

Single pull from EX for Freedom last month for me. I'm in CT.
Starting myFICOs 2013
TU:664 March --> 726 May 25
EQ: 687 on March 6 --> 772 May 25
USAA EX (FAKO): 701 March 27 --> 768 May 26
Original goal (720+ across the board) achieved!
Message 39 of 41
rkinnahan
New Contributor

Double Pull last Friday for me.  Experian and Equifax.  in VA

Chase Sapphire Preferred $12k | Chase Freedom $7k | Chase United MileagePlus Explorer $15k | Chase Hyatt Visa $11.8k | Chase Amazon Visa $3k | Citi TY Premier $8.5k | Amex SPG $13.5k | Amex HHonors $5k | Discover IT $9k | BofA Cash Rewards $6k | BofA BB Rewards $2.7k | Banana Republic Visa $3k
Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.