Did you mean: 

Chase pre-approval site is active

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase pre-approval site is active

@EAT_SLEEP_JEEP wrote:

@Mdg1307 wrote:

Well looks like I'm still black listed for a past paid charge off.

ficos are 800+ all 3 bureaus 

0/24

0 inquiries 

1% utilization 

chase private client 

chase car loan paid down way ahead of schedule 

yet no offers on the prequal

Don't feel bad. I burned them in 2015 in our bk7 same as AMEX. Had accounts with them post bk7 ( not private client) auto loan and they still have our mortgage. Every time I have tried its nothing for me. I have since got back on the AMEX train and it's been full steam ahead.

I'm not upset with them buy have no reason to try anymore for their cards and no longer have any accounts with them open except our mortgage and the premier checking account that's tied to it for the monthly auto draft

That's because if you have a bk, especially if they were included, they blacklist for at least 10 years.  There are some datapoints of people getting in sooner, but for the most part, no 

Message 11 of 20
Mdg1307
New Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@EAT_SLEEP_JEEP wrote:

@Mdg1307 wrote:

0/24

0 inquiries 

1% utilization 

chase private client 

Don't feel bad. I burned them in 2015 in our bk7 same as AMEX. Had accounts with them post bk7 ( not private client) auto loan and they still have our mortgage. Every time I have tried its nothing for me. I have since got back on the AMEX train and it's been full steam ahead.

I'm not upset with them buy have no reason to try anymore for their cards and no longer have any accounts with them open except our mortgage and the premier checking account that's tied to it for the monthly auto draft

That's because if you have a bk, especially if they were included, they blacklist for at least 10 years.  There are some datapoints of people getting in sooner, but for the most part, no 
I definitely understand that however I have no bk, I have  a charge off that I later paid off.

Message 12 of 20
Mdg1307
New Contributor

@EAT_SLEEP_JEEP wrote:

@Mdg1307 wrote:

0/24

0 inquiries 

1% utilization 

chase private client 

I'm not upset with them but have no reason to try anymore for their cards and no longer have any accounts with them open except our mortgage and the premier checking account that's tied to it for the monthly auto draft

Chase is definitely frustrating and I'd likely leave all together as well except I have managed investment accounts with them that they've performed well on. 
amex is great ! I give them 95% of my card spend, I also had  a charge off with them and I paid it off and got back in through the optima program, now i have a platinum that they let me have a large NPSL on, idk how high but i routinely charge ~35k monthly on with zero problems 

Message 13 of 20
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

Big goose egg for me.  

capture.jpg

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 14 of 20
Rekyrts
Valued Member

@Mdg1307 wrote:

0/24

0 inquiries 

1% utilization 

chase private client 

How long have they've been holding the grudge?

Message 15 of 20
Mdg1307
New Contributor

@Rekyrts wrote:

@Mdg1307 wrote:

0/24

0 inquiries 

1% utilization 

chase private client 

How long have they've been holding the grudge?

the charge off was in 2016, paid it in 2020,and it fell off my reports this year 

Message 16 of 20
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

I unlocked all my credit reports but it still asks me to unfreeze my EX. So, I could not see any potential pre-approval offer. Shall I keep EX unlocked for several hours (or days Smiley Very Happy) and afterward, use the prequal?

Anyway, I am 4/24 and not sure why I do not see any offer at also chase credit journey.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 17 of 20
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Wow. Been a long time since I've seen Chase prequal site. Nice! 

Just for kicks, I took it for a spin. Got five preapproved options. I'm not planning to get a new card but that was a pleasant surprise considering it's Chase lol. 

Discover It: 26.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 6.5k
Message 18 of 20
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Wow. Been a long time since I've seen Chase prequal site. Nice! 

Just for kicks, I took it for a spin. Got five preapproved options. I'm not planning to get a new card but that was a pleasant surprise considering it's Chase lol. 

Yup.

It's especially nice to see that one is pre-loved for their Sapphire suite of cards...

Message 19 of 20
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

I would leave them unlocked and thawed for at least two days.

@xenon3030 wrote:

I unlocked all my credit reports but it still asks me to unfreeze my EX. So, I could not see any potential pre-approval offer. Shall I keep EX unlocked for several hours (or days Smiley Very Happy) and afterward, use the prequal?

Anyway, I am 4/24 and not sure why I do not see any offer at also chase credit journey.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.