Super Contributor

Chase reallocation: Three questions

I have:

CSR

Hyatt

Freedom Unlimited

Freedom

IHG

1. I might reallocate credit temporarily to Freedom Unlimited for some large transactions. What is the minimum I must leave on the other four cards? I do not wish to close any cards.

2. How far have others managed to push Chase spending beyond a nominal CL? The CFU is a Visa Signature and used to be a CSP, if it matters. I'm not entirely sure how it reports, and I've not pushed the CL before.

3. Once the transactions have posted and I've paid the balance off, could I reallocate back to my current CLs quickly, or would I need to wait some length of time?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase reallocation: Three questions

The minimum CL that needs to be on a card is $500. Visa signature or infinite matters on CL decreases shouldn't matter, they only count for CL approval limit. And from my memory, I'm pretty sure you can re allocate CL's easily whenever you need. 

Message 2 of 6
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Keep in mind that reallocations go through cursory account reviews.

If something begins to seem out of sorts, people have had AA taken.

I have allocated many times with no problem, but some have poked and been bitten by the bear

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 3 of 6
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Thanks!

I might hit my $50k cap for 2x on BBP before long, so it will be good to have an alternative off-category card ready for heavy spend.

Message 4 of 6
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:

Keep in mind that reallocations go through cursory account reviews.

If something begins to seem out of sorts, people have had AA taken.

I have allocated many times with no problem, but some have poked and been bitten by the bear

I called today to try to reallocate. The front-line rep said the computer wasn't allowing him to do so, instructing him to refer me to the lending department (closed on Saturday).

I told him I mostly wanted to know what my options were, and that I'd call back next week. I figured if I asked him to leave instructions with the lending department, there would be too high a chance of some mixup.

Hopefully there won't be any AA. It would be pretty messed up if there was, seeing as I mentioned I wanted to reallocate capital to make an estimated tax payment on recent capital gains.

Message 5 of 6
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I called today and reallocated. I was not transferred to lending. The front line CSR took care of everything.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.