Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase secure message - beware...

tag
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase secure message - beware...

I wonder if they would give me WMC on my freedom.
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 11 of 50
enharu
Super Contributor

Armbender, people have managed to upgrade to world MasterCard for the freedom if I'm not wrong. Not sure if im confusing this with another card. Haven't seen anyone upgrade it to world elite yet though
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 12 of 50
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

I am surprised that people are surprised you are able to get an unauthorized pull on your credit reversed.  I have done it myself twice. You cannot legally hard pull anyone's credit without their consent, I have known this since well seems forever.

Message 13 of 50
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear about this, but isn't that the case for many secure messages?  I know that Chase is better about customer service than others are, but I hate sending secure messages to any of them.  It seems as if they never read the message and reply with some very poor answers.  It doesn't seem to matter if you keep it simple or explain it very well.  It is disturbing how even if you reply to something and tell them that is not what you said, then they come back and repeat the same misinformation. 

At least with Chase there is a much higher chance of it getting read by someone whose native language is English or their understanding is very high. 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 14 of 50
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@enharu wrote:
Hey question about the arrival, what do you mean you do not have to use it for travel only?

In Switzerland you can top up most mobile providers at the train ticket vending machines and these charges are "travel" charges. So for me I can basically use it for my mobile phone and internet charges Smiley Happy  Kind of cool ...

Message 15 of 50
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Just got an alert from Quizzle about an inquiry by First USA. I thought Quizzle is monitoring Experian? Does this mean that Chase not only pulled EQ without my consent but did a double pull on EX as well for this ? 

Message 16 of 50
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Yeah Quizzle monitors EXP and if you got an alert of a new Chase Hard inquiry, that means they pulled Experian too...You can check your EXP credit file by accessing www.experian.com/reportaccess so that you can make sure this actually happened... Although i don't think Quizzle is wrong about it
Message 17 of 50
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@mnavas wrote:
Yeah Quizzle monitors EXP and if you got an alert of a new Chase Hard inquiry, that means they pulled Experian too...You can check your EXP credit file by accessing www.experian.com/reportaccess so that you can make sure this actually happened... Although i don't think Quizzle is wrong about it

Thanks for the link. Not sure if this qualifies for a free report. Tried but the reply is "unable to honor our request".  This is a nightmare to even double pull when I clearly mentioned  "NO HARD PULL". I did send Chase a new message asking if they double pulled EQ and EX and if so to please also remove  the EX HP.  Attached the Quizzle alert. 

I now definitely learnt my lesson. Never ever email message to check if a lender is offering a SP for a small increase.  It was my first time and it will for sure be the last time. In the next 60 days I might buy the EX score at MyFico and looks that would include a report too.  

Message 18 of 50
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:
To add, they can't tell you what CLI you are going to get until they do a HP and review your file.

Why does that require an HP? Why not an SP? Amex does huge customer requested CLSs with SPs. So does GE. Discover will grant small customer requested CLIs with an SP and gives SP auto CLIs all the time.

What makes Chase so different that they "can't" give a dime's worth of CLI without an HP?

Message 19 of 50
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

sorry to hear about your situation man......I'm on the same boat ;-(

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 20 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.