cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase wanted to automatically upgrade my card to the dreaded Freedom Visa Signature card!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase wanted to automatically upgrade my card to the dreaded Freedom Visa Signature card!!!

masdeocho wrote:
On a (vaguely) related note ...

When you look at your Chase account online, does it separately list all the Chase CCs you have ever had? Each account shows the same balance and activity of the actual current card.  Only the current card is reported to the CRAs, but I find it annoying to have all these dead cards displayed online.  Has anyone ever got them to delete the old accounts from the display?

I was told by a CSR that these "shadow" accounts would stay online indefinitely.  If you go to the Customer Center of your online account, under My Profile you can chose Show/Hide Accounts and select which accounts you want to view online.
Message 81 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase wanted to automatically upgrade my card to the dreaded Freedom Visa Signature card!!!

krystofur wrote:

masdeocho wrote:
On a (vaguely) related note ...

When you look at your Chase account online, does it separately list all the Chase CCs you have ever had? Each account shows the same balance and activity of the actual current card.  Only the current card is reported to the CRAs, but I find it annoying to have all these dead cards displayed online.  Has anyone ever got them to delete the old accounts from the display?

I was told by a CSR that these "shadow" accounts would stay online indefinitely.  If you go to the Customer Center of your online account, under My Profile you can chose Show/Hide Accounts and select which accounts you want to view online.

Thank you Krystofur!!!! That fixed it!! I don't know how I missed that little section of the website for all these years...
Message 82 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

masdeocho wrote:

krystofur wrote:

I was told by a CSR that these "shadow" accounts would stay online indefinitely.  If you go to the Customer Center of your online account, under My Profile you can chose Show/Hide Accounts and select which accounts you want to view online

Thank you Krystofur!!!! That fixed it!! I don't know how I missed that little section of the website for all these years...

That's a nice option to know about.  I don't recall seeing "that little section of the website" either.  I'm wondering if Chase added that "Show/Hide" feature in the past few months during one of their website upgrades?
Message 83 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

psychic wrote:

masdeocho wrote:

krystofur wrote:

I was told by a CSR that these "shadow" accounts would stay online indefinitely.  If you go to the Customer Center of your online account, under My Profile you can chose Show/Hide Accounts and select which accounts you want to view online

That's a nice option to know about.  I don't recall seeing "that little section of the website" either.  I'm wondering if Chase added that "Show/Hide" feature in the past few months during one of their website upgrades?

I actually complained about the multiple "shadow" accounts to the CSR that switched DW back to the non-sig card.  She started out with a regular card, switched to the sig Freedom, then switched to a non-sig Freedom.  I didn't want to have two "shadow" accounts and asked if they could remove them, that's when they told me about the Show/Hide feature.  It sounded like a work around solution to me, but at least it cleans things up a little.

A word of caution, for about the first month, maybe longer, after we switched, BT offers were displayed on only the youngest "shadow" account, not on the new account.  We were planning on doing a BT and at first I got a little nervous when I couldn't find the offers, but even though they were listed under the old account number, they worked fine.  And now, a few months later, they are displayed under the new account.

Message 84 of 85
debetto

I also had that initial reaction when I got my Citi AAdvantage MC.  I was thinking that because it does not report my CL, the HL will be used instead.  I soon realized that even the HL does not get reported, which, take note, is not the same as $0.  After a couple of billing cycles, I noticed that my AAdvantage cards--I have the AAdvantage Amex as well--do not factor into my utilization!

I get credit alerts all the time saying my balance on that and the AAdvantage Amex has increased, but my score never changes.  Also, my full report would state a utilization % that corresponds exactly to that of my cards except for these ones.

Pretty sweet, right? Smiley Happy
Message 85 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.